How to control vaginal discharge
Any body secretion can be embarrassing. If you do not know the healthy way to cope with vaginal secretion, you may have to face additional embarrassment due to odor and / or stains. Many secretions are normal and help maintain the pH balance of your vagina, other secretions can be a sign of real problems, in which the dispensary is needed to take medication or to show a qualified doctor.
Method: Evaluate the problem
1. Check whether your secretion is normal?
Normal vaginal discharge will be clear or milky in appearance. This natural lubricant helps keep your vagina clean by freeing from unhealthy germs. Common secretions are odor-free. Secretions can be thin, fibrous or white spots. If your secretion is like this then there is nothing to worry about. Natural secretion is very important to keep your vagina healthy.
2. Know the types of vaginal discharge:
There are many different types of vaginal discharge. These types are classified based on their color and stability. Some are normal, while others indicate basic conditions, that treatment is needed.
- Thick, white, cheese-like secretion – This is usually a sign of a yeast infection. It can also cause itching or swelling around the vagina.
- Secretion of white, yellow or brown – especially if it contains a fish-like smell, this type of secretion is an indication of the possibility of vaginosis bacteria. It can also cause itching and swelling.
- Yellow or green secretion – Secretion of a yellow or green color, if it is thick, chunky, or especially with a bad smell, then it is not normal. This type of secretion usually spreads through sexual intercourse, which may be a sign of trichomoniasis infection.
- Brown or bloody secretion – brown or bloody secretion can be a product of irregular menstruation, but if there is pelvic pain or vaginal bleeding, it can be a sign of a more serious illness such as neck cancer.
- Blurred yellow secretion – If this type of secretion is accompanied by pelvic pain, then there may be signs of gonorrhea.
3. Consider the condition of your body:
Your food, your menstrual cycle, whether you are taking pills or not, Are you breastfeeding, which medicines you are taking, are you pregnant, Somewhere you are not in tension, These are all factors included that affect vaginal discharge.
- If you are taking antibiotics, or use vaginal cleansing products, female hygiene products or scented soap, then the natural pH balance of the vagina can be prone to deterioration. Antibiotics can not be avoided, but cleaning products and scented women hygiene products should always be avoided, since they are not suitable for your body.
- Other things, which can put you at risk, are those pregnancy, diabetes or other infections that are around this area of the body.
4. Check external items:
For the very long time, leaving the tampon (cotton wool) in that place may be the reason for abnormal secretion. Some women forget that there was a tampon placed there, Other things in your vagina can cause a secretion (because your body tries to expel these), A common example is a piece of broken condom.
5. Know the difference between color and odor of vaginal discharge:
After a surgery, an off color or a bad odor in the vaginal area can be an indication of a pelvic infection. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), Vaginal atrophy during vaginitis, trichomoniasis or menopause, and many other vaginal infections, All diagnosis by a physician and according to the doctor’s advice treatment should be done.
- Vaginal secretion with vaginosis bacteria will be brown, white or yellow. From this, the smell of fish will also come.
- If you have gonorrhea, you may have blurry or yellow color secretion.
- If thick, white secretion, you may have yeast infection. This secretion is often described as a cheese-like stability. Cheese-like secretion, There is also a common STI chlamydia.
- You have irregular menstruation, or endometrial or neck related cancer, you may have a bloody or brown secretion.
- If you have trichomoniasis, yellow / green foamy secretion, which has a bad smell, can affect you.
- If you do not have health insurance, then there are some clinics (employed like paternity), who provide cheap or free gynecological tests and treatments.
- Unless you know the reason, avoid taking medication. There are medicines for things like yeast infection, but if this is happening to you for the first time, then you should not self-diagnose yeast infection. Taking the yeast infection medicine without yeast infection, can lead to future problems.