Do you know the amazing benefits of cayenne peppers?
You will be unaware of these surprising cayenne pepper benefits
Let us tell you incredible benefits of cayenne pepper after that you will know why you should consume cayenne pepper
Table of Contents
Red Papper, Finger Papper, Bird Paper
We usually know Cayenne Pepper as Red Chilli. Red pepper is a member of the capsicum family. It is slightly warmer. It is used to increase pungency in food. Its Cayenne Pepper is named after the city of French Guiana. It is cultivated extensively in South and Central America. For chilli cultivation, the climate should be warm and the soil moisture should be very high. It takes about 100 days to grow and become a food yoga. It grows into green and converts to red after growing.
Red chillies are used in many ways in our dishes. We use it in dried and powdered form, plucking it directly from plants, as a paste, breaking it from the middle, in the dry lightly crushed form and as a dried fruit.
Cayenne pepper is extensively used for flavoring dishes and is used to make dishes spicy. It is also used in pickle spices. Traditionally in India it is also used for tempering with mustard oil and other spices. It is served as a supplement in spicy Indian cuisine. Sometimes it is used in energy drinks and some specialty cocktails. Red chili has an ingredient called capsaicin which is used for such drinks. Thus red chilli is useful in many ways.
Red pepper has many nutritional properties. It contains vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin k, vitamin B complex and carotenoids as well as fiber. Due to all these components, red chili is beneficial for our health. So let’s know about its benefits-
Fresh Cayenne Pepper
Fresh cayenne pepper, found throughout the year, is long, thin and straight or curved with pointed edges. They are 6 to 10 “long and have a green or red color (after cooking). They can be cast raw, put into salads or stuffed in a variety of dishes.
Ground Cayenne Pepper
This strong tart powder is available in your grocery stores throughout the year. It can often be added to barbecue sauce, dip, stew, eggs, roast and other hot dishes.
Crushed Cayenne Pepper
Dried and crushed flakes of cayenne pepper, pizzas, soups, salad dressings and curries are popular for flavoring.
Wonderful Benefits of Cayenne Pepper, You must to know
1. Benefits of Cayenne for Arthritis –
Applying red chilli paste or taking capsules reduces the pain in the nerves caused by joint pain and inflammation.
2. Keep red pepper remedy away from cancer –
3. Red pepper increases blood flow –
Cayenne pepper is also very beneficial in case of affected blood flow or blood coagulation. Consumption of red chili melts the accumulated blood and improves blood flow. It also improves the flow of nutrients through the blood and effectively removes bad blood.
4. Benefits of red chili in sinus –
In Ayurveda, red chilli is used as a medicine to relieve bad stomach, gas, cramps, indigestion, sore throat, headache etc. It is also useful in treating phlegm due to cold or sinus. Its intake helps in clearing the frozen phlegm due to cold or sinus. Cayenne pepper also has antioxidant properties that help improve the body’s immune system in fighting infections and microbes.
5. Benefits of eating red chili – for the heart
Cayenne pepper also helps in curing the symptoms of asthma. Heart patients are advised to take red pepper extracts. Consumption of its spicy extracts reduces cholesterol formation and dissolves fibrin which causes blood clotting. Red chili increases the heart rate, so it improves the function of the heart.
6. Reduce weight using red chili powder –
Red chili increases the digestive process and reduces the process of hunger. It helps to cleanse the body often because after its intake we drink more water, due to which the process of excretion of our urine increases. This is why it also helps in working out weight.
Suggestion to choose
• When buying fresh, choose hard, soft and bright chilies.
• Its stalk should be fresh, green and uniform.
• These chilies can be eaten at any time of cooking, but compared to green chillies, red cooked chillies are more spicy.
• When purchasing in crush or powder form, buy it from a reliable shop so that it does not contain any type of stones or pebbles and maintain maximum aroma and taste.
Use in kitchen
• Wash the peppers before use. To slice, take out the sticks and cut them in half. After this, carefully remove the seeds and the middle part using a spoon (this will reduce its pungency).
• If filling it, leave half the chili whole and full. Or, keep the chili inverted and slice as needed.
• To provide the lightest pungency in the dish, cut a slice of chili and trap the toothpick. Add it to the food while cooking and throw it out after cooking.
• Chili is available in different sharpness, so you may have to use different amount of chilli every time. Add at least chilli at a time and keep adding till desired spiciness.
Methods of collection
- Fresh cayenne pepper can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks without washing.
- Wrap it in a paper towel or put it in a paper bag.
- Do not place in plastics because closed moisture can spoil them.
- Periodically check your chili to remove soft or stained chilies.
- Dried cayenne pepper can be kept in a cool, dark place for up to a year, and change color or fragrance when it gets puffy.
- Capsaicin, a useful substance in Cayenne Papers, provides relief from pain.
- It helps in reducing the thickness of the platelets, which makes them less viscous. It helps to avoid heart disease and other blood congestion.
- Cayenne helps in reducing cholesterol.
- By eating it helps to increase appetite, helps in digestion related diseases and keeps the blood flow balanced.
These are all impressive benefits of cayenne pepper, By using cayenne pepper you can make health good and avoid many diseases.