To stay healthy, people keep drinking the juice from different fruits and vegetables. One such juice is also of wheatgrass. Wheatgram juice is said to be beneficial in terms of health and many claims are also being made about it. To know the truth related to this, read this article by Myhealthonly. Here we will tell what scientific research says about the benefits of wheatgrass juice. Along with this, information about the method, use, and side effects of making wheatgrass juice will also be found here.
Read detailed article
First, let’s look at the benefits of wheatgrass juice.
Impressive Health Benefits Of Wheatgrass Juice
Table of Contents
Wheatgrass juice i.e. juice made from wheatgrass is also called Sanjeevani by some people. To know what are its benefits and properties, due to which it is called Sanjeevani, proceed in the article. Just note that this should not be taken as a cure for any serious illness.
- For Anemia
Wheatgrass juice can prove beneficial in preventing anemia. Research related to this mentions that anemia is caused by not consuming a nutritious diet. In such a situation, many enzymes including minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids present in wheatgrass can prove to be beneficial.
It also contains chlorophyll, which is similar to hemoglobin, as both are chromoproteins. For this reason, wheatgrass is also called green blood. The research found that drinking fresh wheatgrass juice for 21 days can increase the amount of hemoglobin. In such a situation, people suffering from the problem of anemia can consume wheatgrass.
Wheatgrass juice can also be used to lose weight. In small-scale clinical trials, it has been found beneficial in reducing obesity. Another research says that young wheatgrass and other chlorophyll plants are effective and safe in reducing weight. In such a situation, wheatgrass juice can prove beneficial in controlling weight.
According to a research paper, wheatgrass has a hypolipidemic effect, which can lower cholesterol. It has been reported in the research that after giving wheatgrass juice to rats suffering from high cholesterol level problems i.e. hypercholesterolemia, it helped to excrete excess cholesterol through feces. According to another study, the choline compound present in it can reduce cholesterol levels.
- Inflammation Reduction
Wheatgrass juice is also one of the ways to reduce inflammation. Wheatgrass is said to have an anti-inflammatory effect, which can reduce inflammation. Due to this effect, both swelling and pain related to joints can be reduced. Not only this, wheatgrass juice is also known to reduce inflammation caused by increasing uric acid levels.
- Allergy Relief
Wheatgrass juice is also considered beneficial to reduce allergies. A research paper has written that wheatgrass juice can reduce the effect of allergic rhinitis. In this, the chlorophyll present in wheatgrass is considered beneficial. Also, wheatgrass juice MSM can provide relief from sulfur allergies.
- Blood Pressure
Wheatgrass also controls blood pressure. The chlorophyll present in it is said to reduce high blood pressure. It has been described as a safe and effective way to regulate blood pressure. Not only high blood pressure, but wheatgrass juice can also be drunk by people with normal blood pressure. In fact, it is known to reduce high levels as well as maintain normal blood pressure.
- For Hair
The use of wheatgrass can also prove beneficial for the hair. The proteins present in it go into the body and break down into amino acids. These amino acids can help keep hair healthy. It also contains zinc, which nourishes the hair. Not only this, but wheatgrass juice can also protect hair from graying.
Keep reading article
After the benefits of wheatgrass juice, now know how to use it.
How To Use Wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass juice can be used in many ways. Some of them are as follows.
- You can drink wheatgrass juice in such a normal way.
- Some people do not like the taste of wheatgrass juice, so they can drink it by adding honey.
- Wheatgrass juice can also be consumed by adding lemon and some chaat masala.
- Mixing wheatgrass juice with fruit juice can make a mix of juice.
- Mix it in a face pack and apply it to the skin.
- It is considered good to drink wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach in the morning.
Safe dosage: It is recommended to drink 100 to 200 ml of wheatgrass juice twice a day. This quantity can vary according to the physical condition and age of the person. In such a situation, once in a while contact the dietician in this regard.
Stay in the article
Now know how to make wheatgrass juice at home.
How To Make Wheatgrass Juice
- A glass of water
- Two teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- One teaspoon lemon juice
Method of making juice:
- First of all, put all three ingredients in a mixer.
- Now blend it well for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that add a little more water and mix for a while.
- Then take it out in a glass and filter it.
- Wheatgrass juice is ready
Read the article till the end
Now we are giving some important tips related to drinking wheatgrass juice.
Tips To Consume Wheatgrass Juice
Before drinking wheatgrass juice, it is important to keep some important things in mind. We are telling about these important things with the help of some points below:
- The juice of wheatgrass should always be consumed fresh.
- In the beginning, take wheatgrass juice in small quantities. Its quantity can be increased gradually.
- If someone is allergic to its consumption, then stop its consumption.
- Avoid drinking it in large quantities in one go. It is always beneficial to consume only a limited amount of it.
- Continuity is essential in everything. The same is true with wheatgrass juice, so consume it daily for a specified time to get the benefits. Drinking wheatgrass juice on one day and not drinking it on the second day will not give its benefits properly.
Know the side effects of wheatgrass juice in this part of the article.
Side Effects Of Wheatgrass Juice –
Consumption of wheatgrass juice in limited quantity can cause any kind.
- Some sensitive people may be allergic to wheatgrass juice.
- Consuming it in excess can cause nausea.
- Excess of wheatgrass juice can cause vomiting.
- Pregnant women should consume it only on the advice of the doctor.
- Wheatgrass juice may cause swollen tongues in more sensitive people.
Many problems can be kept away by themselves by consuming wheatgrass juice regularly. Also, it is very easy to make. In such a situation, now if you want, you can include wheatgrass juice in your healthy drink. Just keep in mind the quantity at the time of its use, otherwise, its side effects can also be seen. Keep reading similar articles related to health on the website of Myhealthonly.
Frequently Asked Questions –
Drinking wheatgrass daily will keep the skin glowing. Not only this, but the benefits of wheatgrass juice also include reducing obesity and cholesterol and increasing blood.
Yes, it can be consumed at night also. It can improve sleep.
Sensitive people should not drink wheatgrass juice. Apart from this, those who have low blood sugar should also avoid drinking it. Actually, wheatgrass juice is known to lower blood sugar.
Wheatgrass juice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to seven days, but it is recommended to drink this juice fresh.
To get the benefits of wheatgrass juice, it should be consumed fresh and plain.