In what ways can warm up benefits you?
You won’t believe these surprising benefits of warm up
There is no need to think much to keep the body healthy. You can keep the body healthy by warming up for just a few minutes every day. The effect of warm-up is on the whole body, which can help in keeping many physical and mental problems away. Along with warming up, it is also important to consume a healthy diet. If you are wondering how to warm up, then this article by Myhealthonly is just for you. In this article, we will give detailed information on the types of warm-ups and the benefits of doing warm-ups.
Let us first know what a warm-up is.
What Is Warm-Up?
By warming up, there is better circulation of nutrients and blood in the muscles. Due to this, all the organs get a sufficient amount of oxygen. Also, warming up increases the rate of heart and breathing, which is beneficial for the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. To get the full benefits of warm up, it should be done for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Start slowly and then increase the speed later. Some warm-up exercises are mainly done for better heart health. After warming up, the heat generated in the body opens up the muscles, which helps in stretching the body. Warming up can have many physical and mental benefits. We will know about this in detail in the article below.
Above you read what is warm up, now we will know the types of warm-ups.
Types Of Warm Up
By the way, there are many ways to warm you, some of which we are telling about. You can include this in your daily routine.
- Jogging and running – Regular morning walks, jogging, and running are the easiest ways to warm up. By doing this the whole body gets warmed up. If there is a playground near your house, then you can go jogging or running there. While jogging, you should also do the good movement of both hands.
- Stretching – Stretching is also a good way to warm up. This causes muscle strain. Most people do stretching before starting an exercise so that the best results of the exercise can be seen. Stretching can also help in making the body flexible. Do this by standing in a flat place. Players also do stretching before landing on the field.
- Jumping or rope jumping – Jumping or jumping rope can also warm up the body. You do this on a flat spot. If using a rope, do it with caution in the beginning, as the rope can sometimes get stuck in the leg. There is a risk of falling due to this. The benefits of jumping rope and warming up the body will be done only if it is done properly.
- Marching – This is also a way to warm up. Most of its benefits are on the feet. To do this, you stand straight, and then one by one, bend both your legs from the knees and raise them up to 90 degrees. Your soles should be facing down towards the ground.
- Cycling – If you ever go to the gym, you will see that people do cycling before starting a workout. Cycling is a great way to warm up. This stretches the leg muscles. It proves helpful for exercising and for its better results.
- Upper body warm-up – This warm-up is for the upper part of the body. To do this, you must first stand straight. After that, spread both the feet as wide as the width of the shoulders. Then spread both the hands equal to the shoulder. After this, keeping the feet stable, bend the waist and the part above the waist to the left. Stay in this position for a few seconds. Then straighten up and later turn to the right. You can do this 5 to 8 times on both sides.
Now next to this we will know the benefits of warming up.
Health Benefits Of Warming Up
There is no doubt that warming up can have many physical benefits. Just need to keep in mind whether the warm-up is being done properly or not. The benefits of warming up can be like this.
- Foster Flexibility
Warming up can have many benefits for the body, one of which is increasing the flexibility of the body. Warming up opens up the muscles when the body warms up. This makes the body flexible. If you warm up daily, you will start seeing its effect soon. This is the reason that people do warm up even before doing yoga so that there is no problem in the movement of the body, arms, and legs.
- Reducing the Risk of Injury
Warming up may also have benefits in reducing the risk of injury. A study published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) states that athletes do warm-up and stretching before exercising. These can help improve physical performance and prevent sports injuries. Warming up can reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury.
- Promotes Blood Circulation and Oxygenation
The benefits of warming up can also be to increase the circulation of blood and oxygen in the body. In scientific research, it has been told that the heat generated in the body after warming up and exercising, increases the temperature of the muscles and can work to get the blood flowing. This can help the blood to circulate throughout the body. This information is available in a research paper published on the NCBI website.
- Reduction of muscle tension and pain
The right way to warm up can help reduce muscle tension and pain. According to research published by NCBI, there is tension in the muscles during warm-up, which can help in reducing tension and pain. Therefore, warming up can have benefits in reducing muscle tension and pain. More scientific research is still needed in this regard.
As you must have understood by reading the article, what is a warm up and why it is important to do it before exercise. If someone is planning to do yoga or exercise, then they must do the above-mentioned warm-up. Yes, if someone is injured or has any kind of pain and any other problem, then definitely talk to the doctor before warming up or exercising. We hope that this information of ours will be useful to you.