Apart from the basic need of the body, ‘Food’ has now become a thing to satisfy the mind of the people. Some people eat when they are hungry, while some people eat only to taste the food. However, in the midst of all this, if you are asked whether you consume a nutritious diet, then you may be left wondering for a while. This is a serious matter, so it is important to consider it for better health. Let us know what is good food for health and what are the benefits of healthy food.
Let’s start this article with the question, what is healthy food? Many of you must have this dilemma in mind that in today’s time there is no such thing as healthy food and even if it is, then it might not taste good. Therefore, below we are giving you complete information about healthy food.
What is Healthy Food?
Healthy food means foods, which are rich in nutrients like vitamins, calcium, high protein foods. Foods that work to keep you healthy and fit and keep you away from diseases. Healthy food can be divided into five categories:
- Green vegetables and legumes
- Meat-fish, Poultry products
- Milk products like cheese, curd
In the next part of the article, know what are the benefits of eating healthy.
Benefits of Healthy Food
The benefits of healthy food are many, which we can know through the following points –
- Eating healthy not only keeps your body healthy but also keeps your mind sharp.
- Eating good food for health makes the body strong.
- Healthy food keeps bones strong.
- Nutritious food plays an important role during pregnancy.
- Green vegetables and fruits protect against serious physical problems like obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease. Especially those foods which have a high amount of fiber.
Consuming foods rich in potassium can reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
Next, we are sharing with you a list of healthy food charts.
Sample chart of a healthy food
Below we are sharing with you the balanced diet chart of healthy food, although sharing it as an example for you. You can also make changes in the food items mentioned in this chart according to you.
Note: This list is only given as an example, the amount or quantity of the food item in it depends on the individual’s health or their appetite. There can also be a change in the timing of eating and some other things can also be consumed in between.
Now we will tell you about some nutritious food which you can include in your everyday diet to keep yourself healthy.
Healthy Food List
Know below some such healthy foods that are easily available in the market, which you can include in your diet to keep yourself healthy.
- Green vegetables – Many people do not like green vegetables much in food but they forget how much they can benefit from them. Vitamins, calcium, minerals, antioxidant properties present in vegetables work to protect the body from obesity, heart disease, and many other serious diseases. Green vegetables must be included in the daily diet for a healthy life.
- Fruits – Like vegetables, fruits are also very important for health. Be it diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, or weight loss, fruits will help you. In fruits, you must include apples, oranges, mangoes, and anyone or two fruits of your choice in your eating routine. Also, keep in mind that fruits should be consumed in moderation.
- Soup – Be sure to include soup in your diet, especially if you are troubled by your increasing weight. By including soup in your diet along with regular yoga or exercise, you can prevent the problem of obesity. Along with this, sometimes you can also make soup in your one-time diet because it is light.
- Vegetable juice – Include vegetable juices containing potassium, vitamins, calcium rich foods. Juices containing vitamin C not only increase the body’s immunity but also work to heal injury and wounds quickly. You can include juice of carrots, tomatoes and green vegetables. Not only juice, but beverages like coconut water can also work to keep you healthy. Coconut water cools the body and can get relief from stomach-related problems to a great extent.
Legumes and lentils – Lentils and legumes rich in protein, fiber, and other nutrients can act as prevention from deadly diseases like blood pressure, diabetes. Therefore, include pulses and beans in your daily diet.
- Cereals – Cereals products like rice, wheat, oatmeal, corn, brown rice are considered essential for health. They work to supply energy to the body and protect you from diseases. Therefore it is important that you include chapati, rice, and other grain products in your daily diet.
- Milk or milk products – Milk contains many nutrients such as – calcium, vitamin A, vitamin B12, potassium, magnesium, zinc. From making bones strong, milk works to protect against diseases like heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, blood pressure.
Along with this, try to use low-fat or fat-free milk because the body can be at risk of increasing harmful cholesterol due to high saturated fat. Although this has been said in earlier research, there have been some changes in the latest research, which has resulted in it being said that full cream milk may be beneficial for the heart, although there are mixed reactions to it. If you do not like milk, then you can use milk products like cheese and other ingredients. However, if you are allergic to milk, then you can use soy milk, almond milk instead. Apart from this, you can also talk to the doctor about this.
- Egg – Rich in protein, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and many such nutritious elements, egg not only gives energy to the body but also keeps it healthy. Eggs are one of the Vitamin D Rich Foods. It can prevent cognitive problems by helping in human brain development. Many times the memory starts to weaken with age, so if you want your memory to be correct with increasing age, then do not forget to include eggs in your diet. Eggs can be consumed by children, old people, young people of almost every age. However, if someone has an allergy problem, then they should consult a doctor once before consuming eggs.
- Meat – Like green vegetables and fruits, meat is also very important for a healthy body. Not only does it contain protein, but zinc is also present in it, which improves immunity, makes the skin healthy, and works to maintain reproductive health. Not only this, but meat also contains vitamin B12 and omega-3 which can be useful for the nervous system, heart, and brain health.
- Fish – If you do not want to include meat in your diet, then you can consume fish. It has been seen that the risk of diseases like asthma in children who consume fish is reduced to a great extent. Omega-3 present in fish is beneficial for the brain and vision. Not only this, the consumption of fish can also reduce the risk of amnesia like Alzheimer’s. Fish can be consumed in controlling blood sugar in diabetic patients. However, always choose that fish in which mercury is in less quantity because consuming fish with more mercury can be harmful.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar can prove to be helpful in reducing weight. Not only this, it can reduce the level of blood sugar. However, some precautions should be taken during its consumption and it should be consumed in a balanced quantity.
- Dark Chocolate – Consumption of chocolate can also be beneficial for health. If you want to avoid heart diseases, then include dark chocolate in your diet. Dark chocolate contains many essential nutrients that can work to keep the heart-healthy. Keep in mind that dark chocolate should be consumed in moderation.
These were the list of nutritious foods that you can include in your diet. In the later part of this article, we will tell you about the foods that you should eliminate or reduce from your diet.
Foods that should not be eaten at all –
Below we are going to tell about some such foods that you should absolutely eliminate from the diet and if you cannot eliminate them completely, then at least limit their intake.
- Fried food – Fried food can be fatal for the body. Eating fried food can lead to heart problems, obesity, diabetes, and many other diseases. So stay away from them as much as possible and if you love fried food then you can eat homemade fried food, for which you can use olive oil or sunflower oil. Try to limit their consumption.
- Sweet foods – Sweet foods like sweets, ice creams, chocolates are the favorite of people. But their consumption in uncontrolled amounts can be harmful to the body. Foods high in sugar not only increase obesity but also cause serious diseases like diabetes. Apart from this, they can also damage your teeth. That’s why it is important that you limit their consumption.
- Junk Foods – Quick and easily available junk foods like burgers, pizza, fries, patties are slowly replacing healthy food today. But increasing dependence on them can be fatal to your health. Such foods can lead to obesity, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and liver diseases. So avoid the consumption of junk foods as much as possible.
- Caffeine – Almost everyone has a habit of tea, coffee. Often people consume it to relieve stress. But their consumption in uncontrolled amounts can be harmful to health. Tea and coffee are caffeinated and excessive amounts of caffeine in the body can cause problems like insomnia, headache, nausea, vomiting, anxiety. Therefore, consume these beverages in limited quantities as much as possible.
- Cheese, Butter, Mayonnaise – As we mentioned above, the consumption of milk products like cottage cheese, cheese is also necessary for health. But in this, keep in mind that you should consume foods like cheese, butter, mayonnaise in a balanced amount occasionally. It is better to use low-fat dairy products.
- Preserved or canned foods – Avoid canned or frozen peas, meats, fish, and many other things as much as possible. Its consumption can cause a disease called botulism. It is a deadly disease caused by a poison produced by a germ called Clostridium botulinum. If canned food is not stored properly, then the risk of getting this disease can increase. It can even kill a person.
- Alcohol – Avoid alcohol consumption as much as possible. Continuous consumption of alcohol can cause fatal diseases like cancer, heart disease, diabetes.
After a healthy and harmful diet, know further some more tips for benefits of healthy eating.
Some more tips for healthy eating –
- Oily-spicy foods – Avoid the consumption of oil-spicy foods as much as possible. Their continuous consumption can lead to many life-threatening diseases, such as cancer, heart disease, respiratory problems.
- Drink plenty of water – Lack of water in the body causes dehydration, which can lead to kidney problems, skin problems, vomiting, fever, and many other problems. So drink water as much as possible.
- Low sugar – Sugar is essential for the body, but consumption of foods containing more sugar can be harmful to the body. This can lead to tooth loss, problems like obesity, diabetes can arise.
- Fasting – Fasting can also be beneficial for the body. Along with reducing obesity, fasting can help in removing many other problems of the body. However, during fasting, you should drink water regularly, consume fruits, dry fruits so that energy remains in your body.
Through this article, you have come to know how important it is to eat good food for health. Always remember that the results of what you eat will be visible to your health. Now you must have come to know many things about healthy eating. Therefore, if till now you were unaware of healthy food, then now knowing about them, include it in your diet. Apart from this, if you also have information or a list of nutritious food, which is not mentioned here, then you must share it with us in the comment box.