For women, their body shape is everything and the role of the breast is important in this. If it is said that breasts make women’s bodies attractive, then it will not be wrong. At the same time, there are many changes in the size of the breasts of women according to age. While these changes are considered normal, they can be a cause for concern in some cases. Therefore, it is important to have the right information about breast shape. That is why in this article on Myhealthonly, we will show you how to know about different breast shapes. Also in this article, we will give information about breast sizes. To know about all this in detail, definitely read the article till the end.
First of all, we will know how different breast shapes affect a woman’s health.
What is the relationship between different breast shapes and physical health?
Breast shape is closely related to physical health. Actually, an ideal breast shape indicates a healthy body. Research related to this topic is available on the site of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information). It has been told that with aging, the size of the breasts can also change. Excessively large breasts can cause back pain for a woman. Also, there may be trouble in doing some physical activities. Due to this, such women may have to face psychological problems like depression and anxiety. At the same time, women with small breast sizes can be prey to inferiority complex.
Let us now know what the size of the breast tells.
How is breast size determined?
After understanding the relationship between ideal breast shape and physical health, here we are going to talk about the factors that play an important role in determining the size of the breast. Some of these factors are as follows –
- Genetic – Genetic factors can also determine the size of the breasts. In fact, genes can affect the level of hormones in the body, which can affect the tissues of the breasts and thus determine their size.
- Age – The size of the breast can also be determined according to age. In fact, as women age, so do their breasts. On this basis, age can also be considered an important factor in determining breast.
- Weight – A major part of breast tissue is made up of fat. This is the reason that if the weight of the body increases, then it also affects the breast. If a woman loses weight, it can also change the size of her breasts.
- Exercise – If a woman exercises (especially chest exercises), then changes can be seen in the muscles there. This can improve the size of the breasts.
To understand how to determine breast size, learn about normal breast shape.
12 Most Different Breast Shapes
Scientific evidence says that women’s breast size changes according to age, but here we are talking about different natural sizes of breasts. Let us know which are the normal breast shapes –
- Round Shape – The first name that comes in the breast shape is the round shape. The shape of this type of breast is spherical. The size of the breast is the same from top-down and right-left sides. Also, its nipples are towards the front. It is considered the most common breast shape.
- Archetype Shape – The archetype shape is considered to be the most common as compared to others. They are round in shape and have small nipples. It is believed that most bras are made keeping this shape in mind.
- Side Set Shape – The next name comes in the normal breast shape, side set shape. In this shaped breast, there is more distance between the two breasts than normal. Also, the nipples are slightly on the side instead of being in front.
- East-West Shape – In this type of shape, the nipples of the breast are not in front but are in opposite directions to each other. This means to say that the direction of the nipple of both the breasts is outwards.
- Bell Shape – Bell shape is also included in the list of normal breast shapes. The breasts of this shape are shaped like a bell i.e. slightly thinner from above and rounded from below. Hence, they are known as bell shapes.
- Asymmetrical Shape – Breasts with this type of shape are not uniform in size. The size of one breast is slightly larger than that of the other breast. This is the reason why they are called asymmetrical shapes.
- Slender Shape – The name of the cylinder shape is also included in the list of breast shapes. Such breasts are slightly larger in length and slightly less in width. If it is said that they are somewhat like a bell shape, then it will not be wrong. The nipples of this type of breast are just lower than theirs.
- Close Set Shape – In this type of shaped breast, there is very little space between both the breasts or there is not even a little space. They are located right in the middle of the chest. Also, there is a greater distance between the underarm and the breast.
- Teardrop Shape – This shape is also counted in the normal breast shape. Breasts with this shape are like tears, that is, the lower part of the breast is bigger than the top. At the same time, its nipples are slightly inclined downwards.
- Athletic Shape – This type of breast is wider than other shapes. These breasts have less tissue and more muscles.
- Relaxed Shape – The tissues of breasts with this shape are quite loose. Also, its nipples are downwards. This is the reason why it is called Relaxed Shape.
- Conical Shape – If your breasts are sharp instead of round in shape, then it is a conical shape. This type of shape is more in small-sized breasts as compared to large-sized breasts.
Stay with us
Do you know what is areola? If not, then definitely read the next part of the article.
What is the areola?
The darker area around the nipple is called the areola. The color of the areola can also vary according to the skin color of each person. Its size can range from 3 to 6 cm. It is usually located around the fourth rib. It contains sebaceous glands, which form the areolar glands. These glands enlarge during pregnancy.
In this part of the article, we are talking about nipples.
What are nipples?
The raised bumps located in the center of the areola are called nipples. They play an important role in lactating babies. Research published on the NCBI website states that nipples, like breasts, can have different sizes and colors. The size of the nipples can change, especially during pregnancy. They can be a little longer or they can be stretchy. Research has also been told that if the nipples appear flat or inverted during pregnancy, then it does not need to be treated.
The following are some types of nipples:
- Everted Nipples – These are raised upwards in the middle of the areola.
- Inverted Nipples – These nipples are turned inward instead of outward. Such nipples can be of women as well as men.
- Flat Nipples – These are completely flat. Such nipples can be due to engorgement i.e. swelling in the breast.
- Supernumerary Nipple – The nipple-like part visible on the chest on two nipples is called supernumerary. According to scientists, this is normal.
- Unilateral Inverted – This type of nipples are mixed. One may have an inverted nipple, and the other may be an inverted nipple.
Keep reading article
In this part of the article, we are going to tell some such tips, with the help of which the breast can be brought into shape.
How to make breast in shape?
With increasing age, the size of the breasts changes. Following measures can be adopted to maintain them in their natural shape –
- Choosing the right bra – The most important thing to keep the shape of the breast right is the choice of the right bra. Some women use tight bras to make their figures look attractive. This can have a negative effect on the shape of the breast. In addition, a bra that is too loose for the breast can also distort the shape. Therefore, choosing the right bra is considered essential to keep the breast in shape.
- Exercise – Exercising can be a great way to get the breast in shape. For these pushups, aerobics or arm exercises can be done. This type of exercise can prove beneficial to bring the breast in shape.
- Breast massage – With the help of massage, it can also help in bringing the breast in the right shape. Actually, massage can improve blood circulation. This can cause a change in the size of the breast. At present, there is no scientific research available on this subject.
- Sleeping position – If you want to keep the breast in shape, then it is also necessary to sleep properly for this. If a woman sleeps on her stomach, it can put pressure on the breast, which can also affect its size. For this, women should never sleep on their stomach to keep the shape of the breast right.
- Weight Control – According to research, being overweight can spoil the shape of the breast. Therefore, it is also important to control the weight to keep the size of the breast right.
- Balanced diet – Including vitamin D, calcium and dietary fat in the diet can change the size of the breasts. In such a situation, it can also be beneficial to consume a balanced diet to bring the breast in shape.
Can breast shape cause breast cancer? Come on, let’s know.
Is there a connection between different breast shapes and breast cancer?
There is no exact scientific evidence on this subject. According to research published on the website of NCBI, obesity can play an important role in the development of breast cancer. Actually, the size of the breasts of obese women is more than normal. In such a situation, it can be assumed that the risk of breast cancer may be higher in women with large breasts.
Keep reading this article
At the end of the article, we will know about the symptoms, on the appearance of which one should go to the doctor.
When to see a doctor?
Breast changes are considered common. Most of these are not cancerous. Yes, if the below-mentioned symptoms are seen, then without delay one should go to the doctor –
- Feeling of lump or tightness under the breast or underarms.
- Nipple changes or red discharge.
- Redness and scaly skin of the breast.
- Itching or tenderness in the breast.
The size of her breast is very important for any woman. In this article, along with giving information about what should be the normal breast shape, we have told about different types of boobs. Apart from this, those measures have also been told here, with the help of which the breast can be brought in shape. At the same time, if a woman sees any of the symptoms mentioned in the article in her breast, then she should immediately go to the doctor. Keep reading Myhealthonly for more such information related to women’s health.
Frequently Asked Questions –
Breast cancer lumps are irregular, hard, and painless.
No, extra nipples are not uncommon. It is called Supernumerary Nipple in the medical language, which is considered normal. This happens because of minor birth defects. In this, apart from two nipples, a nipple-like organ is visible, which is usually visible on the chest.
Above in the article, we have mentioned 12 types of boobs shape. The natural shape of every woman is the best.
If there is a change in the size of the breasts with age, then with the help of the above-mentioned tips in the article, it can be corrected to some extent.