Most of the girls help with waxing to get rid of unwanted body hair. It not only removes the hair but also helps in enhancing beauty by removing tanning. There are many types of waxing available in the market. In this article on Myhealthonly, we are going to tell you about one such type of waxing, which is not only easy to adopt but it is also very economical. Yes, we are talking about cold waxing. Learn in our article how to do cold wax, its benefits, and its side effects.
At the beginning of the article, let us understand what is cold waxing.
What Is Cold Waxing?
Waxing is used to remove unwanted body hair and enhance beauty. Cold waxing is a type of waxing. It is not heated and melted like Rica wax. Cold wax melts on its own at room temperature. It is used directly on the skin. For women who prefer to do waxing at home, this can be a better option. Further in the article, we have explained in detail the method of making cold wax.
After understanding cold waxing, know how to do it.
How To Do Cold Waxing
As easy as it is to do cold waxing, it is also convenient. Here we are telling how to use both cold wax and strip cold waxing, which is as follows:
How To Use Cold Wax:
- First of all, clean the skin of the place where waxing is to be done with water or body wash and dry it completely using a cotton cloth. This makes waxing easier.
- Then apply a little powder to that part, so that it absorbs the moisture of the skin well.
- After this, apply a thin layer of cold wax with the help of a spatula in the direction in which the hair grows.
- Now press on the waxed area by patting or rubbing a waxing strip.
- Keep in mind that only the rough side of the strip is applied to the wax so that it sticks well.
- After this, grabbing one corner of the strip, pull it in the direction opposite to the direction in which the hair grows.
How To Use Strips Cold Wax:
- Before using a readymade strip of cold wax, clean the skin thoroughly with water or body wash.
- Now apply a light powder to the waxed area, so that the moisture does not remain on the skin.
- After this, rub the wax strip with both hands, so that the wax in it melts with heat.
- After this, apply a strip of cold waxing in the direction of hair growth.
- Then press it and stick it well.
- After this, pull the strip rapidly in the opposite direction.
After knowing how to do cold wax, know its benefits too.
Tremendous Health Benefits Of Cold Waxing
The benefits of cold wax are many. Below we are mentioning the same benefits in a sequential manner:
- No risk of skin burn – Cold waxing does not require heating. Because of this, there is no or very little risk of skin burns.
- Maintains skin softness – Research clearly mentions that cold wax shows a soothing and moisturizing effect on the skin, which can help to keep the skin supple. On this basis, it can be said that using cold waxing can be beneficial to keep the skin soft.
- Improve skin tone – Cold wax can also be used to improve skin complexion. Actually, it can be helpful in removing tanning as well as removing dead skin.
- Easy to use – Cold wax is very easy to use as compared to hot waxing. As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, there is no hassle of heating it. It can be applied directly to the skin.
- Time-saving and available in less money – Many times it happens that women have to wait in a beauty parlor for hours for waxing. In such a situation, cold waxing can be done easily at home in minutes without any hassle. For this, they need to go to the beauty parlor and wait for hours.
- Useful for any part of the body – Cold waxing also has the advantage that it can be used on soft parts of the body like the upper lip, underarm hair, face, etc.
- Available in many varieties – Cold waxing is available in many varieties like – shea butter, aloe vera, honey, berry, etc. In such a situation, it can be used by choosing cold wax according to the skin.
Now just understand the difference between hot wax and cold wax.
Difference Between Hot Wax And Cold Wax
What is the difference between hot wax and cold wax, information is given in the table below:
Still, information left
Learn the precautions related to cold waxing in this part of the article.
Precautions For Doing Cold Wax
It is important to take special care of some things while using cold waxing. Here we are mentioning the same points:
- Always use the cold waxing strip in the right direction. Whenever the strip is applied to the skin, apply it in the direction of hair growth and pull it in the opposite direction.
- If the skin is already burnt or peeled, avoid using cold waxing on that area.
- Do not use cold wax in one place too often. This can make the skin red.
- Do not forget to clean the skin before cold waxing.
- Wear loose clothing after cold waxing.
- Avoid cold waxing during periods.
- While using cold waxing, take special care of the room temperature, so that you do not sweat. Let us tell you, due to sweating on the skin, the wax is not able to be done properly.
Know the side effects of cold waxing at the end of the article.
Side Effects Of Cold Waxing
Apart from the benefits of cold waxing, there are also some side effects, which are important to be aware of. Read below the side effects of cold waxing:
- Cold waxing can easily remove thick hair, but it does not work properly on short hair.
- It may have to be used repeatedly at the same place, due to which many times the skin becomes red and there may be complaints of irritation.
- One cannot wax a large part of the body at once. It is done by applying it to a small part. This can take a long time to wax.
- If the strip is not glued properly, then the hair there will not fall out and the strip is also ruined.
Waxing has become a necessity for women to wear sleeveless and short dresses. If ever there is a need to get waxing done suddenly, then cold waxing can be resorted to, because it can easily be done at home. In this article, we have explained what is cold waxing and how to do it. Apart from this, here we have also mentioned some precautions, which should be taken care of while waxing. Keep reading Myhealthonly to get similar information related to skincare.
Frequently Asked Questions –
No, cold wax does not stop hair growth rather it can help in removing unwanted body hair.
Cold wax can last for about 4 to 5 weeks.
Yes, cold wax can remove tan.
Yes, cold wax can also help in removing dead skin.