It is normal to have a wound on the body due to external injury. At the same time, there are some internal problems behind these wounds, which cannot be detected soon. Bedsore is one such problem that can cause severe wounds on the body in the absence of treatment. In such a situation, it is important that a person should keep the necessary information about the bedsore. Here this article of Myhealthonly can be beneficial for the readers, as this article shared not only due to bedsore, but also about the symptoms of bedsore and home remedies for bedsore. The readers should note that the home remedies for the bedsore included in the article may be somewhat helpful in reducing this problem. If the problem is serious, then do medical treatment.
First of all, know in detail what is the pressure ulcer.
What Are Bed Sores
Table of Contents
When a person remains on one side or position for a long time, the skin on that side starts to get pressure. This often occurs in the organs where there is not much meat between the skin and bone, such as ankle, back, elbow, heel and hip. Due to pressure, the skin of that part starts damaging and wounds start to form there. These wounds are called bedsore or pressure ulcers. This problem can be more to those who are on wheelchairs, spend more time on bed due to old age or any physical problem or who have trouble changing their body posture. In some cases, bedsor can also cause severe type of infections, some of which may also be fatal.
Further, know how many stages of bedsore are.
Stages Of Bed Sores
The bedsore is divided into four stages, which begins to take severe form with every growing stage. Know below about the four stages of pressure ulcers:
Step 1 – In this phase, the affected skin color, temperature and consistance (skin thickness) begin to change. However, in this stage the skin does not peel in any way, there is no abscess nor skin tissue. During this time, in some cases the skin of the affected area starts to look different and in some cases it looks normal. In cases of normal skin appearance, the changes in the skin can be detected by touching it.
Step 2 – In this phase, the effect of bedsor starts falling on the upper layer of the skin and it can slowly reach the inner layer. In this stage, wounds start appearing on the skin, In some cases these wounds are open and in some cases they begin to get blisters filled with pus or seroseginus (blood and a kind of thin yellow substance), In this phase, there may also be problems on the skin around the skin of the affected area.
Step 3 – In this phase, the effect of pressure ulcers reaches the interiors of the skin. During this time, the muscles under the affected skin appear to appear, bones and ficos (a type of connectivity tissue under the skin), but the ulcers have no effect on them directly. During this time necrotic slow tissue appears on the wound. These are a type of dead tissues, which cause blood circulation to decrease and their color starts to become cream or yellow.
Step 4 – This is the final stage of pressure ulcers. In this stage, the effect of ulcers also falls on the muscles and bones of the affected area along the skin. People suffering from phase 3 and phase 4 require special medical treatment.
In the next part of the article, we will tell you what can happen due to bedsor.
Causes Of Bedsore (Pressure Ulcer)
Know below due to bedsore –
- Pressure – The main reason in the cause of bedsore is to sit or lay in the same position for a longer time. This creates direct pressure on the affected skin. When there is a constant pressure on the buried part of the body, the soft tissue of that part starts taking the shape. In addition, the blood vessels of that organ begin to turn, as a result of which the circulation of blood starts decreasing there. If this communication remains low for one to two hours, this pressure can cause ulcers.
- Sheer – Sheer means turning to turn something and with pressure in reducing blood circulation, turning the vessels is also an important reason. Because of this, it can be said that turning of vessels is also included in the cause of bedsore.
- Friction – Rubbing any two things, is called friction. With pressure and sheer, it is also included in the cause of bedsore. Indeed, due to friction, the effect of the shear is formed. Due to pressure, the area where there is a lack of blood in the skin, the friction has an effect easily, which causes further wounds.
- Sneaklessness – This is not a reason in itself, but the reason for other factors is caused by bedsor. In some diseases, when a person spends a long time in bed without moving, in such a situation the possibility of being bedsor increases.
Reactive hypremia bicycle failure – When the pressure of blood starts decreasing due to pressure in the tissue of a body part, the security system in the body tries to normalize blood circulation by reducing pressure. This process is called reactive hyperemia. At the same time, due to the failure of this process, the possibility of bedsore increases in the person.
There are some risk factors that can be included in the cause of bedsore, such as:
- Use of wheelchair or stay in bed for a long time.
- Angered person.
- Not to shake some parts of the body without help.
- Suffering from a disease that affects blood circulation, such as diabetes.
- Alzheimer’s disease or any other condition affects mental state.
- Defeat skin.
- No control over bladder or bowl.
- Not getting enough nutrition.
In this part of the article, you will know what are the symptoms of bedsore.
Symptoms Of Bedsore (Pressure Ulcer)
Some of the common symptoms of bedsore can appear like this –
- Changes and swelling in affected skin color.
- Heating of the affected part.
- The skin of the affected part is soft.
- Pain in the affected part.
Serious symptoms of bedsore can appear in the following way –
- Skin burst
Know how home remedies for pressure ulcers can be useful in the next part of the article.
Home Remedies For Bed Sores (Pressure Ulcers)
Home remedies for Bedsore are given below:
- Sitz Bath
- A bathtub
- Lukewarm water
Method of use:
- Fill a bath tub for about four to five inches of lukewarm water.
- Now sink the affected part of Bedsore and sit in it.
- After sitting for about 10 to 15 minutes, wipe the organ with clean towels.
- Do not put soap, body wash or any other ingredients in the bath tub while taking Citz Bath.
- This process can be repeated twice a day.
As we have told you above, there may be a decrease in blood circulation due to pressure on the soft tissue (soft tissue) of any body part. As a result, it causes pressure ulcers. In this case, Citz Bath Pressure can serve as a home remedy for ulcers. Sitting the bedsore in hot water can help heal the wound. Citz baths can help in spreading blood vessels, which can improve blood circulation. Also, it can prove helpful in reducing inflammation. Scientifically, more research is being done on this subject.
- Witch Hazel
- Witch Hazel Water
- Cotton as required
Method of use:
- First soak cotton in Witch Hazel Water.
- Now place it on the affected area for some time.
- When the water dries, remove the cotton from the bedsore.
- This remedy can be adopted two to three times a day.
The use of Witch Hazel can be beneficial in bedsore home remedies. Witch Hazel has antiinphulatory properties, which can also be beneficial in reducing inflammation of bedsore wounds. Also, it has antibacterial properties, which can help keep it clean by eliminating germs on the wound. The properties of Witch Hazel can prove to be somewhat beneficial as home remedies for bedsore.
- Tea tree oil
- One to two drops of tea tree oil
- One spoon olive oil
Method of use:
- Mix tea tree oil in olive oil in a bowl.
- Now apply this mixture of oil on the affected area with the help of cotton.
- This process can be repeated two to three times a day.
Tea tree oil has many properties, due to which it can prove to be beneficial in reducing the symptoms of essential oil bedsore. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help in reducing inflammation as well as to relieve pain to some extent. In addition, tea tree oil also has antimicrobial properties, which can prevent the wounds from infection caused by bacteria. Due to the benefits of tea tree oil, it can be used as a home remedy for bedsore.
- Aloe vera
- Fresh Aloe vera gel (As required)
Method of use:
- Take out a little aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaf.
- Now apply this gel on the affected area affected by pressure ulcers.
- After about 15-20 minutes, clean the gel with the help of a clean tissue paper.
- This process can be repeated three to four times a day.
Aloe vera is used to get relief from many skin problems. Its advantages can help reduce symptoms of bedsore such as inflammation and pain. The antiseptic properties present in it can help protect the wound from fungal, viruses and bacterial infections. In addition, aloe vera also has wind healing properties, which can help in healing the wound quickly. According to a research published on the website of NCBI (NCBI – National Center for Biotechnology Information), aloe vera is also used in the gel (ointment) used to treat bedsor and it is also used to some extent in fixing it Can be beneficial.
- Coconut Oil
- Virgin coconut oil as required
Method of use:
- Apply a little coconut oil on the affected area with the help of fingers.
- After applying oil, leave it to be absorbed into the skin.
- This process can be repeated four to five times a day.
Applying coconut oil on the wound caused by bedsore can relieve the patient. The anti -inflammatory, analgesic and anti -pyritic properties present in it work behind these benefits. These properties can help normalize the skin temperature with symptoms of bedsore such as inflammation and pain. Apart from these, the use of the topical (on the skin) of the virgin coconut oil can also help in healing the wound. At the moment, there is no direct research available on this subject, so that it can be said how beneficial coconut oil can be in treating bedsore.
- Two to three buds of garlic
- A cup of water
Method of use:
- First of all, peel the garlic buds.
- Now boil these buds in a cup of water.
- When the color of the water changes, turn off the gas and let the water cool down.
- ● After coming to normal temperature, keep this water in the fridge to cool.
- ● When the water cools down, apply it on the wound for 10 to 15 minutes with the help of cotton.
- ● This remedy can be done twice a day.
Using garlic as a home remedy for pressure ulcers can help reduce its symptoms. The anti -inflammatory properties found in garlic can help reduce inflammation and, the antibacterial properties present in it can protect the wound from infection. With the use of the skin, you can also use garlic in food if you want. It contains polysalfide (a type of chemical compound), which can help improve blood circulation by spreading blood vessels.
- Jatyadi Oil
- One spoon of oil
- Two glasses of water
Method of use:
- Take one teaspoon of caste oil in a small bowl.
- After this, boil two glasses of water in a small pot and boil it.
- When the water starts boiling, place a small stand in the pot and place the caste oil bowl over that stand.
- When the oil becomes lukewarm in the bowl, turn off the gas and remove the bowl from the gas.
- Now clean the wound with the help of an antiseptic liquid and cotton.
- Then apply this lukewarm oil on the wound with the help of cotton.
A study published by the International Journal of Research found that the caste oil has wind healing properties, which can help in healing the wound. It is believed that using caste oil on the wound can help in healing the wound caused by bedsore quickly.
- White bandage
Method of use:
- Apply a little honey on the wound with the help of a finger.
- Now apply cotton on it, dress up with white bandage.
- After about 30 minutes, open the bandage, clean the honey with the wound with the help of lukewarm water.
A research by South Asian Journal of Cancer found that honey can be used as a home remedy for pressure ulcers. As a result of this study done on cancer patients, it has been found that using honey on pressure ulcers can not only give relief in wound pain and swelling but can also help in healing the wound quickly. In addition, it also has antimicrobial properties, which can help protect the wound from infection.
- Balanced diet
As we have told you due to bedsore, lack of nutrients can also cause bedsore. In such a situation, it becomes necessary to include the essential nutrients in your diet. It is necessary to include the essential vitamins (K, A, E and C) and mineral (zinc, copper and protein). All these nutrients can help in healing the wound quickly. In addition, sufficient amount of water is also required in the body for the right blood circulation to the affected tissue. Therefore, with a balanced diet, it is also necessary to drink sufficient amount of water.
- Egg white
- Egg white
Method of use:
- After bursting an egg, take out its white part in a bowl.
- Now apply it on the wound with the help of cotton.
- Now dry the egg white liquid on the wound with the help of a cool air setting of your blow dryer.
- After this process, there is no need to tie a bandage on the wound.
Using egg white as home remedy for pressure ulcers can be beneficial. According to a research published by the University of West Virginia, the white part of the egg can help in healing the wound quickly. It acts like glue above the wound and can help closure it. Here we tell that this research has been done in the lab and more research is required to know its correct effect on humans.
- A spoon turmeric
- Water (as required)
Method of use:
Make a paste by adding turmeric and water as per need in a bowl.
Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it overnight.
Wake up in the morning, clean the wound with the help of lukewarm water and cotton.
Turmeric has been used for centuries to keep the body healthy. Turmeric can also be used as a home remedy for bedsore. Winds present in turmeric can help in healing the wound quickly due to healing, anti -inflammatory and antibiotic properties. According to a research published on the NCBI website, the main element present in turmeric, Curcumin, can help in healing the wound quickly by curing the damage to the tissue.
- Green tea
- A green tea bag
- A cup of lukewarm water
- One spoon honey
Method of use:
- Mix one teaspoon of honey in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Now add a green tea bag for about two to three minutes.
- Now eat green tea.
Green tea can also be used as a home remedy for pressure ulcers. It contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate (Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate), which can help in blood circulation by relaxing blood vessels, which can provide relief from bedsore. In addition, green tea also has anti-inflammatory and wind healing properties, which can help reduce inflammation of the affected skin and heal the wound quickly.
Along with knowing home remedies for bedsaurs, it is also necessary to know about the treatment of bedsore. In the next part of the article, know how to treat bedsore medicalily.
Treatment Of Bedsores (Pressure Ulcer)
Medical bedsore can be treated below in the methods mentioned below:
Debridement – In this process, damage tissue is removed from the wound. This can be done with the help of surgery or machine. This process helps in healing the wound quickly. The process of debrition can also be done with the help of high pressure water jets, ultrasound or laser.
Wound dressing – In this process the dressing is done on the wound caused by bedsore according to its stage. If the wound is infected and fresh, it requires repeated dressing. Many times dressing is done every three to four hours. At the same time, if the wound is dry and healing, it is advisable not to dress everyday. By doing this, new healthy cells with dressing bandage can come out of the skin. According to Bedsore, dressing can also be of many types, such as –
- Hydrocarbon Dressing – It helps in growing new cells and helps to keep the healthy skin around the affected area dry.
- Alginate Dressing – This dressing is done with sodium and calcium rich in seaweed. It helps in healing the wound quickly. In addition, Alginate dressing made of honey can work to eliminate the wound of pressure ulcers from the root.
- Nano Silver Dressing – This type of dressing has antibacterial properties of silver, which help to clean the ulcers.
- Cream and ointment – Medical creams and ointments are often used to protect the skin tissue from damage and to help heal wounds quickly.
Antibiotics – There is no need to give antibiotics in all types of bedsor. These are given only in cases where the pressure ulcers become infected. Antibiotics help prevent infection from spreading. In addition to antibiotic pills, it may also be advised to apply antiseptic cream on these to remove bacteria from the wound.
Surgery – In some cases, the bedsore wounds of phase 3 and step 4 are not healed. In these cases, doctors may recommend doing surgery. In these surgery, the wound is often sewn by sewing both ends of the wound. According to Bedsore, doctors may recommend doing different types of surgery.
In the last part of this article, know how to protect from bedsore.
Prevention Tips For Pressure Sores
Keeping the things mentioned below to protect against bedsore can benefit –
- Use soft sponges or clothes on the skin while bathing. Do not scrub too loudly.
- Use moisturizer on the skin every day.
- After bathing, wipe the bottom of the breasts and the part of the abdomen and the ties well.
- Do not use talcum powder or soap that makes the skin dry.
- Avoid bathing daily. This can make the skin more dry.
- Eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes.
- Also, contact the doctor in the event of wounds, redness or stiff skin on the skin.
Those who have been advised to stay in bed, they can adopt the measures mentioned below to protect from bedsore –
- Protect the skin from rubbing the skin with a sheet while changing the bed. This may increase the risk of getting bedsore.
- While changing the patient’s side, instead of moving their body, lift and change.
- Change the position of the patient every one to two hours.
- The sheet laid on the patient’s bed is flat. Keep in mind that there is no fold on it.
- Do not lift the patient’s head more than 30 degrees. By lifting more than this, the body starts slipping on the bed.
You must have understood this very well what bedsore are. After reading the article, you must have found all the information from the cause of bedsore to the symptoms of bedsore. Keeping in mind the things mentioned in this article can help avoid pressure ulcers. With these things, when using home remedies for pressure ulcers, it is also important to note that these are not cure for bedsore. Doctor treatment is necessary to get complete rest from bedsore. Hopefully this article will be beneficial for you.
Often Asked Questions :
It is advisable to change the patient’s side by every one to two hours to prevent bedsore.
Creams like metolen, dermalax and conotraine can be used for this problem. However, the most beneficial cream for treating bedsore depends on the steps and wounds of the bedsore and the doctor will be able to give accurate information about it.
When the skin around the wound is also affected due to bedsore, it is called a tunneling wound.
The amount of time it takes for a bedsore to heal completely depends on the patient and the condition of the wound. Also, it is believed that stage 3 and 4 ulcers may take longer to heal completely than stage 1 and 2.