So in this article of My Health Only, we are going to tell the What is Resveratrol, Uses, Side Effects and Benefits.
Let’s Know What is Resveratrol?
What is resveratrol used for?
Resveratrol is a type of chemical, which is found in red wine, red grape skin, purple grape juice, mulberry and small amounts in peanuts, Resveratrol is used as a medicine, Resveratrol is generally beneficial in the treatment of hardening of the arteries, lowering the problem of high cholesterol (LDL), raising the level of good cholesterol (HDL), prevention of cancer and other conditions.
According to animal studies, it is completely beneficial for the prevention and treatment of cancer. However, there is still a need to do proper studies in this direction on how much effect it can have on humans.
How does Resveratrol work?
There have not been enough studies on how Resveratrol works. Contact your herbalist or doctor for more information. However, resveratrol dilates blood vessels and reduces the activity of blood clotting. Some studies have found that resveratrol weakens estrogen (the female hormone). It can also reduce pain and inflammation.
Prevent aging marks: In some researches it has been claimed that resveratrol cannot increase age, although it may slow down the development of factors responsible for increasing age. Which found that people who consumed a good amount of red wine were found to have significantly lower risk of heart disease or risk of cancer.
Precautions and Warnings –
What should I know before using Resveratrol?
If you have the following problems, be sure to consult your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you are taking other medicines. It also includes medicines that you are taking without doctor’s advice.
- If you are allergic to resveratrol or any other medicine or herbal medicine.
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding, because in both these cases medicines can be taken only on the advice of the doctor.
- If you have any other disease, disorder or medical condition.
- If you have any other type of allergy, such as food, dye, preservatives or allergic to animals.
- On having surgery.
The rule regarding resveratrol supplements is not more strict than other medicine. Additional studies are needed to assess its safety.