Due to the changing weather and food, anyone can have a cough problem. However, the problem of coughing is soon cured, but it can also take serious forms if not treated in time. Therefore, if someone has a mild cough, it is necessary to cure it.
Causes & Risk Factors of Cough
Before you know the home remedy for cough, it is important to know what are the reasons for cough. Many people have the problem of cough again and again, which also affects their health.
– Allergies– Tuberculosis or tv– Dust and soil pollution– Asthma– Respiratory tract infections such as chills or pneumonia– Change of seasons– Lung cancer– Dry mouth– Bronchiectasis– Infections of tonsils i.e. tonsillitis– Gastroesophageal reflux disease– Smoking– Whooping cough (Pertussis)– Cold things like – Ice cream or cold drink.
Symptoms of Cough
– To have a sore throat– Sore throat– Fever– Headache– Tiredness– Chest pain– Having trouble in breathing– Nasal congestion– Vomiting– Insomnia– Heartburn– Lack of desire to eat
Types of Cough
Acute Cough – This cough usually starts rapidly. The main reason behind this is cold, flu or sinus infection. This type of cough usually cures in 3 weeks.Sub acute cough - When acute cough does not cure after 3 weeks and remains for 8 weeks, it is called sub acute cough.
Chronic Cough – This cough lasts for several days and can sometimes last more than eight weeks. In such a situation, without delay, go to the doctor immediately and tell your problems.Pertussis – This cough is caused by an infection which affects the nose and throat. This cough occurs mostly in children.
Mucus Cough – Mucus comes out while coughing. In this type of cough, mucus accumulates in the chest, due to which the patient has trouble breathing.Dry Cough – This cough is accompanied by a sore throat. Time and again, there will be something stuck in the throat. Coughing in it does not release mucus, this cough can be caused by changing weather or dust and soil and pollution.Nocturnal Cough – This cough occurs mostly at night. It sometimes becomes so intense that the patient does not even sleep.
When should you consult a doctor for a cough?
– If there is a problem of swelling in the throat and face or difficulty in swallowing while eating.– Headaches due to cough.– If coughing up blood comes out of your mouth, contact the doctor without delay.– Having trouble breathing.– If someone’s cough problems are increasing day by day, go to the doctor immediately.
– If someone has fever due to cough.– With the change in color of phlegm, when it becomes thick and foul smelling.
– Take care of your surroundings and body hygiene.– Always keep the body hydrated i.e. drink plenty of water.– Do not consume cold things in cold weather.– Include herbal tea in your routine.– If you pass through crowded place every day, then the problem of cough can be avoided to some extent by applying mask.