Along with staying healthy, eating right plays an important role in fighting diseases. Something similar is also with vitiligo i.e. white spots. Along with medicines, this condition can be improved somewhat by taking the right foods. For this reason, it is important to follow the right diet for vitiligo, about which you will get complete information in this article of Myhealthonly. Here, what to eat in white spots, precautions related to it, and what should not be eaten in white spots have been explained in detail.
Below is the complete information.
In the first part of the article, we will explain what is the role of nutrients in white spots.
Role Of Vitamins & Minerals In Vitiligo
Vitamins and minerals play an important role in curing and enhancing the problem of white spots. Research published in this regard has given that people suffering from white spots are deficient in antioxidants, vitamin E, and vitamin C and have an excess of oxidative stress. This increases the risk of oxidative damage, which can lead to vitiligo, ie leucoderma.
In such a situation, by supplying antioxidants through vitamins and minerals, oxidative stress can be prevented from increasing. Vitamins A, C, E, B-12, B-2, B-5, niacin, copper, beta-carotene and folic acid can be beneficial for this. At the same time, manganese, selenium, and iodine are considered beneficial minerals.
Let us now know what can be included in the diet chart for white spots.
Vitiligo Diet Chart
It is good to consume antioxidant-rich foods in case of white spots i.e. leucoderma. On this basis, we are giving below a sample vitiligo diet chart. If you are allergic to any of these foods, then you can use other alternatives instead. Also, do consult a doctor once:
Keep reading article
Now we are going to tell about what to eat for white spot disease.
What To Eat In White Spot Disease
Foods can prove to be helpful in improving the condition of leucoderma. How nutrients present in foods can have a positive effect on white spots, know below.
- Green Tea
Consumption of green tea can help in reducing the problem of white spots. According to medical research published in this regard, green tea contains a component called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). It can work to reduce the risk of white spots. For this reason, many people also call green tea the perfect medicine for white spots. Before using green tea, please consult your doctor once.
Including cantaloupe in the vitiligo diet can also be beneficial. According to scientific research published in this regard, cantaloupe contains antioxidant, which shows high superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity. It can prevent damage to melanocytes (melanin i.e. skin pigment cells) due to oxidative stress in the first stage of vitiligo. For this reason, consumption of cantaloupe is considered beneficial in vitiligo.
If the question is arising in the mind that what to eat in the disease of white spots, then bananas can be consumed. Actually, bananas contain flavonoids, which act like antioxidants. It is considered helpful in reducing the problem of white spots. Due to their antioxidants, bananas can also be considered the perfect medicine for white spots.
Apple consumption can also work to provide relief in white spots. It is rich in quercetin (a type of flavonoid), which may have cytoprotective effects on cells. This helps to protect the cells from damage, due to which apples are considered good for vitiligo.
Spinach can also be the answer to what should be eaten in white spots. According to medical research published on the NCBI website, spinach contains alpha lipoic acid, which can act as an antioxidant. This antioxidant can work to prevent damage from melanocytes due to free radicals in the body. This can help to some extent in avoiding and correcting the problem of white spots.
Broccoli can also be included in the vitiligo diet chart. It contains a good amount of alpha lipoic acid, which acts as an antioxidant in a way. It helps in preventing damage to melanocytes due to free radicals, due to which can play a helpful role in healing white spots.
The consumption of kale can also be good for those with white spots. It is a kind of green leafy vegetable, which can work to strengthen the body’s immune system. This helps in preventing skin problems from arising. For this reason, kale is also considered good for vitiligo.
There is further information.
Now we will give information about what should not be eaten in the disease of white spots.
What Not To Eat In White Spot Disease
If experts are to be believed, some foods can prove to be harmful to patients with vitiligo. Some of the foods that should be avoided in white spots are as follows:
- Spicy foods should be avoided by a person suffering from vitiligo.
- In this situation, avoid the consumption of canned foods and drinks.
- Do not consume too much oily food.
- People suffering from the problem of white spots should not consume a diet rich in tomatoes.
- Reduce the intake of things made from eggs and dairy products.
- Those with white spots should avoid eating fish and chicken in excess.
- People suffering from white spots should not consume mango, cashew, pistachio, red chili, cherry, raspberry, cranberry, or blackberry.
- Do not consume too much coffee and tea.
Stay in the article
Know further what is the relationship between the treatment of white spots and lifestyle.
Lifestyle Changes To Treat White Spots
Some lifestyle changes are also needed to treat white spots. Read below what changes should be made in daily routine along with diet for a person suffering from this problem.
- Don’t worry and keep positive thinking.
- Stop smoking and using drugs.
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothes and shoes.
- Protect the skin from direct and strong sunlight.
- Wear clothes that cover the skin completely when leaving the house, so that the sun’s rays do not harm.
- Exercise regularly to cure white spots.
- Make a habit of eating and sleeping at the right time.
- Drink more and more water.
- Do not apply soap or cream to the skin without consulting a doctor.
- Do not wear rubber sleepers and watch straps.
In the next part of this article, we are giving information about the important things to keep in mind in white spots.
Important things to keep in mind in white spot disease
People suffering from white spots have to take special care of some things. These things can help prevent vitiligo from progressing. Some of these important things are as follows:
- Patients who are allergic to Nickel chemicals, avoid coming in contact with the metal. It would also not be appropriate to wear jewelry at this time.
- Avoid using creams containing chemicals on the skin.
- Do not scratch the skin excessively.
- Keep consulting a dermatologist from time to time.
Below is more information.
Let us now know what are the benefits of the diet in white spots.
Lifestyle Changes To Treat White Spots
Foods that are taken to reduce white spots can have other benefits apart from reducing white spots. The benefits of the diet include the following:
- Consuming cantaloupe can help protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun. In addition, it can reduce the risk of oxidative stress.
- Spinach and broccoli contain alpha-lipoic acid, which can prevent the destruction of melanocytes by free radicals. This can help in maintaining skin color.
Keep reading article
In the next part of this article, we are telling about the side effects of diet in white spots.
Side Effects Of Diet In White Spots
Just as diet can be beneficial in the case of white spots, in the same way, due to the same type of diet, can also cause some side effects. At the moment, there is no medical research available on these side effects:
- The same type of food can lead to a deficiency of nutrients in the body.
- Wrong eating habits can aggravate the problem and spread the stains.
Now people troubled by white spots do not need to think much about food and drink. Here we have listed the best foods for vitiligo, which can be included in the daily diet. With their help, the problem of white spots can be stopped from growing. Yes, do avoid those foods mentioned in the article, which have been advised to avoid. Otherwise, the situation can become serious. Apart from paying attention to foods and lifestyle, also take the advice of a Vitiligo white spot specialist doctor, because treatment is necessary for this problem.
Frequently Asked Questions :
It is not clear which diet causes white spots. Yes, do not include food items that are not eaten during this time in your diet. Because of them, the problem may increase.
Yes, it is advisable to avoid foods containing citrus in white spots.
It can be good to take the juice of pomegranate, pineapple, strawberry, and kiwi in white spots.
No, meat is not good for white spots.
Some of it can be reduced with the help of the right medical treatment.
If someone is thinking about whether to drink milk in white spots or not, then tell them that it is not advisable to drink milk in white spots. However, it would be better to consult a doctor regarding this.