There are many physical problems and some problems are such, which are often overlooked. One of them is varicose veins. Have you ever noticed that a vein in your leg or any other organ suddenly gets stiff? If it does, it could be varicose veins. In this article of Myhealthonly, we are giving you information about what is varicose veins and their symptoms and treatment.
First of all, it is important to know what is varicose veins? Many people may not know about it, so first of all it is important for people to know about varicose veins so that the root of the problem can be reached.
What Are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are swollen and twisted veins that you can see under the skin. They usually occur in the feet, but can also occur in other parts of the body. Hemorrhoids ie hemorrhoids are varicose veins.
Your veins have a valve that helps keep blood flowing towards your heart. If the valve is weakened or damaged, blood can back up into your veins. This causes the veins to swell, which can lead to varicose veins.
Varicose veins are very common. Its risk can be due to old age, being obese, not exercising, or if someone in the family has had problems with varicose veins. It is also common during pregnancy.
Know more about the different types of varicose veins.
Types Of Varicose Veins
Table of Contents
There are many types of varicose veins, about which we are giving you information below.
- Truncal Varicose Vein
- Varicosities of Perforating
- Reticular Varicose Vein
- Side-branch Varicose Vein
- Spider Vein
Know the causes of varicose veins in the latter part of the article.
Causes Of Varicose Veins
For a proper treatment of any disease, first of all, it is necessary to know its cause so that it can be treated properly. Therefore, we are here to tell you the causes of varicose veins.
- Growing old
- Women are more prone to varicose veins than men. Hormonal changes from pregnancy, birth control pills, and menopause can cause varicose veins in women.
- Having a damaged valve at birth or from childhood.
- Standing or sitting for a long time.
- Anyone in the family has varicose veins.
Know the symptoms of varicose veins in the next part of the article.
Symptoms Of Varicose Veins
Until the symptoms of the disease are known, how will it be treated? Therefore, in this part of the article, we are giving you information about the symptoms of varicose veins.
- Pain, heaviness, and sometimes pain in the legs.
- Swollen veins.
- Small veins, which you can see on the surface of the skin. These are called spider veins.
- Cramps, numbness, or pain in the thigh, calf, or other parts of the leg at night
- Mild swelling in the feet or ankles.
If the blood flow through the veins is not proper, then these symptoms may occur –
- Swollen feet
- Leg pain after sitting or standing for a long time.
- Change in the color of the skin of the feet or ankles.
- Skin sores (ulcers), which do not heal easily.
- Dry and scaly skin can break easily.
- Thickening and hardening of the skin on the feet and ankles (this can happen over time)
In the later part of the article, know the remedies for varicose veins that are present in your home.
Home Remedies for Varicose Veins
Below we are telling about some home ingredients, which can prove beneficial in the treatment of your varicose veins.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
In one research, apple vinegar was used on some patients with varicose veins, in which the symptoms of varicose veins such as pain and cramping were seen to be reduced to a great extent. For a month, patients with varicose veins were asked to apply apple cider vinegar to the affected area twice a day and cover it with a cloth for half an hour. This brought relief to the patients to a great extent. If you are also suffering from the problem of varicose veins, then you can also use it, but keep in mind that along with it you should also get medical treatment for varicose veins.
You can also consume parsley juice to get rid of or prevent varicose veins. At the moment, there is no concrete evidence as to how consuming thyme or parsley is helpful in getting rid of varicose veins.
- Olive oil
Olive oil is not only beneficial for hair and skin, but it is also beneficial for health. Talking about the treatment of varicose veins, olive oil massage can also be of great benefit in it. This will improve blood flow, which can cure the problem of varicose veins to a great extent.
- Witch Hazel
If you want relief from varicose veins, you can also apply witch hazel ointment. By applying this lotion two to three times for at least two weeks, varicose veins can be relieved to a great extent. However, some people may have slight skin allergies. Therefore, it is better to consult a doctor once about this.
Be it a cold, blood pressure, or any other health-related problem, garlic can be an effective home remedy. Garlic can also be beneficial for varicose veins. Garlic contains many chemical components such as allicin, alliin, ajoene, glycosides, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. It helps in lowering blood pressure and also has antioxidant properties. In addition, it also has the ability to break down proteins, which distributes protein more evenly in the body and can increase the supply of protein to the lower limbs. This can help in improving the problem of varicose veins.
Know in the latter part of the article what can be the risk factors of varicose veins.
Risk Factors of Varicose Veins
There is no significant difference between the risk factors and causes of varicose veins. Below we are telling about some risk factors, which are similar to their causes.
- Growing old
- Multiple pregnancies
- Lifting heavy things
- High blood pressure
- Reduce physical activity
Now know about the treatment of varicose veins.
Varicose Veins Treatment
Below we are giving you information about the treatment of varicose veins. Some of these treatments can be done by the patient himself and some may require a doctor or specialist.
- Sclerotherapy: In this, saltwater or a chemical solution is injected into the vein. Due to this the veins become hard and disappear.
- Phlebectomy: A small surgical cut is made in the leg near the damaged vein. The vein is removed through this cut.
- In addition, laser or radiofrequency can be used.
- Compression stockings can be worn to reduce swelling. These socks gently press on your feet, so that the blood flows towards your heart.
- Do not stand or sit for a long time, but keep moving your legs every once in a while, so that the blood circulation continues properly.
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- If you have an injury or wound, take care of it so that it will heal quickly.
- Do more exercise or yoga.
In the later part of the article, we are telling you some ways to prevent varicose veins.
Ways to avoid varicose veins
Know below some tips to prevent varicose veins.
- Keep the weight balanced.
- Do physical activities like yoga and exercise.
- Keep your blood pressure under control.
- Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- After sitting for a while, keep walking a little bit.
Varicose veins are a very common problem and everyone should know about it. Hope that the treatment of varicose veins mentioned in this article proves to be helpful for you. If you have some more information or questions related to the treatment of varicose veins, then you must write them in the comment box below. We will do our best to make you aware of every information related to varicose veins. By sharing this article on varicose veins, you should also inform more and more people about what is varicose veins, their symptoms, causes, and treatment.