You need to know about vaginal pain
Table of Contents
The skin of the genitalia is very sensitive and it is necessary to stop the irritation caused by chemicals or physical means. If you feel itching or burning pain in the vaginal area, consult a doctor as soon as possible. Do not use the medicines found at the store without visiting the doctor.
Vaginal pain due to vaginal discharge
- The discharge is colored or blooded
- Strange smells from discharge
- You feel itchy or burning
- Do not wash the genitals excessively. Treat the skin of the genital area with softly.
- Do not use spray.
- Do not use bubble bath or scented creams, soaps or women’s hygiene products.
- Stop the shampoo from going into the vaginal area.
- Plain / salt water may be used to clear and relieve symptoms.
- Urine before filling the bladder. After using the toilet, wipe the vagina backwards. This will help prevent bacteria that normally settle in your rectum from reaching your vagina. Clean the vagina with water after urinating.
- Use soft, white, fragrance free toilet paper.
- Use 100% cotton menstrual pads and tampons.
Clothing and clothes washing
- Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitting pants or skirts.
- Do not wear pantyhose ie nylon tights (Instead wear stockings high to the thighs or knees).
- Make sure that the underwear and other clothing that comes in contact with the vagina is well washed.
- Do not use any fabric softener on the undergarments because the chemicals are remain in the clothes, which can cause vaginal skin irritation.
Vaginal pain in sexual intercourse
- Do not use lubricant or petroleum jelly when there is itching in the vagina.
- Avoid sexual intercourse when there is pain in the genitals.
- If you feel a burning sensation after sexual intercourse, gently apply ice or frozen gel packs covered in towels to the vaginal skin to reduce irritation.
- To prevent infection, urinate and immediately after intercourse wash the vagina with cold water.
Vaginal pain due to physical activity
- Avoid exercises that put direct pressure on the vagina, such as cycling.
- To relieve symptoms after exercise, gently apply frozen gel packs covered in towels to the vaginal skin.
- Do not swim in highly chlorinated swimming pools and do not use hot tubs.
- Take off wet bathing suits and sports clothes immediately.
Also vaginal pain due to these reasons of daily life
- Use foam rubber rings to sit for long periods of time.
- Try to stand in between, changing different postures.
- The feeling of a genital space can be affected by emotions. Symptoms may appear worse during stress. Adequate rest, listen to soft music, and stretching exercises can help reduce the severity of vaginal pain.