Paying attention to other things more than health increases the chances of getting infected with diseases. For this reason, it is said that if health is taken care of in time, then diseases can be avoided. At the same time, to avoid this, many types of Ayurvedic medicines can be used, one of which is Triphala Powder. For years, the consumption of Triphala Powder has been considered beneficial to avoid health problems. For this reason, we are telling about the benefits of Triphala powder in this article. Along with this, here we will also tell about the use of Triphala Powder, the method of making it at home, and the Side Effects of Triphala Powder.
Before going to the properties of Triphala, we are telling what is Triphala and Triphala powder.
What Is Triphala Powder?
Triphala is derived from Sanskrit words, tri meaning three and phala meaning fruit. This means that Triphala is not a fruit or a herb, but a mixture of three ingredients, which is available in powder form. Below we are telling about those three fruits, from whose mixture Triphala Powder is made.
- Amla – In Sanskrit, it is known as Amrutphal and Amalaki. It is used in many ways in India. People consume it in the form of fruit, juice, pickle, and powder. Amla is rich in Vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant. It is also considered beneficial for digestion power. Apart from this, it can also prove beneficial in the following health conditions –
- Vitamin-C present in it can be beneficial for anemia patients.
- It can detoxify the body.
- Can help keep the body cool.
- It is also considered beneficial in diarrhea.
- It can also be good for the liver, heart, and lungs.
- Can bring a glow to the skin.
- Bahera – It is also used as medicine. Bahera is also known as Bibhitaki. Some of the benefits of consuming it are as follows.
- Bahera has pain-relieving properties.
- It can be used in diarrhea.
- It has anti-bacterial properties.
- Known as a hair tonic.
- May help reduce fever and heal wounds.
- Can boost the immune system.
- Harad – It is known as Haritaki in Sanskrit. It is a nut-like fruit, It is broken when it becomes yellow in color after ripening, It is also commonly called ‘Harre’. How Harad can be beneficial for health, let us know below –
- It is considered beneficial for stomach aches.
- It can also reduce the swelling in the eyes (Ophthalmia).
- Bleeding gums can reduce.
- Ability to heal wounds.
- Increase appetite
- To improve digestion.
- Keeping liver healthy.
These three fruits are also used separately for various physical problems. At the same time, when a combination of these three is made in the form of Triphala, it can work effectively on many health problems. How Triphala Powder can benefit health, we are telling it further.
Read till the end
You know what is Triphala powder. Let us now directly know the benefits of Triphala powder.
Health Benefits Of Triphala Powder
According to scientific research present on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), Triphala powder can prove to be beneficial in reducing the symptoms of many health problems like weight loss to diabetes. For this reason, further, we are telling about the properties and Benefits of Triphala Powder. Just keep in mind that do not depend on Triphala for a complete cure of any serious disease, do consult a doctor for treatment regarding the disease.
- Benefits of Triphala for Digestion
Eating wrong food or eating too much outside oily food can cause stomach and digestive problems. Triphala powder can be a good option to cure this problem. The medicinal properties of Triphala can help in relieving stomach-related problems by improving digestion power. Apart from digesting food properly, Triphala can also help in absorbing food in the body. It can also cure other stomach-related problems like constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Benefits of Triphala for Eyes
Like any other part of the body, it is important to take care of the eyes. Triphala can act as a tonic for eye health. It can increase the level of glutathione (a type of antioxidant) in the lens of the eye. A study available on the NCBI website has also confirmed this. Apart from this, Triphala can also be helpful to some extent in reducing the risk of cataracts. For now, more research is needed on this topic.
Along with the consumption of Triphala powder, the eyes can also be washed with it. Actually, Triphala powder soaked in water overnight is used to wash the eyes after filtering its water. It is considered beneficial for both redness of the eyes and cataracts. Triphala can also be used to cure sticky substances (eye discharge) running from the eyes.
- Benefits of Triphala Powder for Weight Loss
Some people resort to dieting or gym to reduce obesity, but there is no special effect. In such a situation, if Triphala powder is consumed, then it can be beneficial to some extent. Triphala can act as a therapeutic agent. It can not only help in reducing weight but can also reduce body fat. According to a study done on animals, a reduction in both weight and fat has been recorded after consuming Triphala for 10 weeks on obesity caused due to overeating.
If Triphala powder is consumed along with gym, exercise, or yoga, then the difference can be seen. To reduce weight, Triphala powder mixed with warm water can be consumed two to three times a day.
- Benefits of Triphala Powder for Constipation
Due to constipation, the problem of gas and pain starts in the stomach. In such a situation, the consumption of Triphala powder can help in reducing this problem to some extent. Scientific studies have said that its consumption can provide relief from gas, constipation, and other stomach-related problems. The tannic and gallic acids present in it are considered beneficial in reducing the problem of constipation.
To avoid the problem of constipation, one to two spoons of Triphala powder mixed in a glass of warm water can be consumed every night before sleeping. Keep in mind that nothing else should be consumed after drinking it.
Keep reading articles
- For Blood Pressure and a Healthy Heart
Triphala Powder has been considered beneficial for controlling blood pressure and for heart health. Research says that Triphala Powder can be used to reduce high blood pressure. In addition, it can help protect against heart diseases by lowering cholesterol. In fact, high blood pressure and cholesterol are known to be the main risk factors for heart disease. Triphala Powder can help maintain heart health by reducing these risks.
- Benefits of Triphala for Viral and Bacterial Infections
Triphala Powder can be used to reduce the risk of viral and bacterial infections. For years, Triphala has been used in Ayurveda to protecting the body from viral and bacterial infections. Actually, Triphala Powder has antibacterial, anti-viral, and antipyretic properties. Anti-bacterial property on one hand helps to protect the body from bacteria, while on the other hand, the antipyretic property can help in protecting the body from fever. Along with this, Triphala also has immunity modulatory properties, which can increase the immunity according to the need of the body.
- Benefits of Triphala for Immunity
As we have already mentioned above Triphala has immunity modulatory properties. Actually, as soon as the immune system weakens, the body catches various diseases. In such a situation, various active compounds present in Triphala such as gallic acid and the ellagic acid act as antioxidants, which can work to improve the body’s immunity.
- Benefits of Triphala Powder for Diabetes
Triphala Powder can also prove to be helpful for diabetic patients. Its regular consumption can lower the blood glucose level. Actually, it has anti-diabetic and hypoglycemic effects, which can help in controlling type-2 diabetes.
- Benefits of Triphala for Wound Healing
If people have minor injuries or wounds, Triphala can help in healing the wound. Actually, Triphala has wound healing properties, which can help in wound healing. A study in the Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research found Triphala to be more effective than petroleum jelly and sesame oil. Other scientific research also mentions that Triphala can help heal infected wounds as well.
- Benefits of Triphala Powder for Blood Flow
Triphala Powder also has properties to improve blood circulation. Research published on the NCBI website also states that Triphala can help in the proper circulation of blood. However, research is not clear which properties of Triphala help with this. Due to improved blood circulation, blood and oxygen reach every part of the body. Along with oxygen reaching all the organs, due to better blood flow, the carbon dioxide present in the body also comes out.
- Triphala for Detoxification
Detoxification is the removal of toxins accumulated in the body. Triphala Powder has been used for detoxification since ancient times. The toxins that enter the body due to the environment, contaminated food, and cosmetics affect the function of various organs such as kidneys, lungs, and liver. For this reason, it is necessary to detoxify the body from time to time, which Triphala Powder can help.
- Bone Health – Benefits of Triphala Powder for Joint Pain or Arthritis
As age increases, bones start to weaken. Many people start complaining of joint pain. Later on, it can take the form of gout disease. In such a situation, the consumption of Triphala powder can be beneficial. Triphala Powder can help strengthen bones. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce the inflammation of arthritis. To reduce the symptoms of arthritis, you can drink a teaspoon of Triphala powder mixed with a glass of water.
- Triphala for Oral Health
Like other parts of the body, it is also important to take care of the mouth. Lack of attention to oral health can lead to problems related to teeth, pain in the gums, and bad breath from the mouth. Triphala Powder can be used to get relief from this problem. Triphala has anti-microbial properties, which can help prevent bacteria from growing in the mouth. In addition, Triphala Powder has anticaries activity, which can act to protect teeth from caries (tooth decay). Apart from this, it is also considered beneficial in reducing the problem of bleeding gums. For oral health, Triphala powder can be mixed with water and gargled with it. Using it as a mouth wash can reduce the problem of gum infection and pain.
- To reduce stress and anxiety
The use of Triphala Powder can prove to be beneficial to overcome mental problems like stress and anxiety. According to scientific research published on the website of NCBI, the antistress effect is found in Triphala, which can work to reduce stress. Reducing stress can also help relieve anxiety caused by it.
- Triphala to reduce inflammation and swelling
The benefits of Triphala Powder also include reducing the problem of inflammation. This can increase the risk of arthritis, diabetes, cancer, and heart diseases. Triphala powder can be consumed to prevent this. Actually, it has anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce the problem of inflammation and swelling. One study says that the methanol extract present in it can reduce inflammation and pain to some extent.
- Hormonal Imbalance – Triphala Prevents Cancer
Consumption of Triphala powder can be helpful in preventing cancer. Actually, Triphala has anti-cancer properties, which can be helpful in reducing the risk of cancer. When used as a mouthwash, Triphala may prevent the growth of cancer cells in the mouth caused by tobacco in young adults. One study states that Triphala contains antineoplastic agents. This antineoplastic property may prevent tumors from growing. This property may show effects on many cancer cells, including breast, prostate, colon, and pancreas. It is also believed to help correct hormonal imbalances, although no research is available regarding this.
- Benefits of Triphala Powder for Dizziness or Motion Sickness
Sometimes people have the problem of dizziness or vomiting in the bus and car. Along with vomiting, there is also the problem of headache. In this situation, the consumption of Triphala can be beneficial. Actually, vitamin C plays an important role in reducing this motion sickness. As we mentioned that Triphala contains Amla, which is rich in Vitamin C. For this reason, Triphala is considered beneficial for getting relief from motion sickness. In addition, the gallic and tannic acids present in Bahedi can help relieve the problem of vomiting.
- Triphala Powder for youthful skin
Triphala powder can be a good option to keep the skin healthy and young. Its anti-oxidant properties can not only act as a protector for the skin cells but also help in taking care of the skin and keeping it healthy. It is also believed that it can also reduce the symptoms of aging. The anti-oxidants present in it can be helpful in preventing skin aging as well as protecting the skin from diseases. Apart from this, Triphala powder can also prove to be helpful in getting rid of problems like itching and burning. For this reason, it is believed that Triphala powder can be helpful in making the skin young.
- Benefits of Triphala Powder for Hair
It is the desire of almost every woman to have long, thick, and shiny hair. Triphala powder can fulfill this wish. It is believed that it can help with hair growth. This could be because of the amla present in it. For hair health, along with consuming Triphala powder, hair can also be washed. Actually, mixing Triphala powder in lukewarm water and washing hair with it can reduce dandruff.
keep reading article
Above we have told the properties and benefits of Triphala. Now let us know how Triphala Powder can be used.
Use of Triphala Powder – Right time and the right way to eat
After knowing the benefits of eating Triphala powder, it is also important to know the method of eating Triphala powder. For this reason, we are going to tell you how to eat Triphala powder.
- Triphala with lemon – You can drink this powder by mixing it with water. If you do not like its taste, then you can make juice and drink it. The benefits of Triphala juice are similar to that of powder. To make Triphala juice, mix Triphala powder, some honey and lemon juice in water. Keep in mind that use these ingredients lightly, so that the taste of Triphala changes slightly. It can be taken at night before sleeping.
- Triphala tea – Triphala Powder can also be used in the form of tea. Boil Triphala powder in water and add some honey to it. It can be consumed in place of normal tea in the morning and evening.
- Triphala capsule or tablet – If you do not like the taste of Triphala Powder, it can also be taken in the form of tablet or capsule. It is easily available in the market. While consuming it, definitely follow the advice given on the box of Triphala capsules or if you want, you can consult a specialist or doctor.
- Use of Triphala for eyes – You can also wash eyes with Triphala powder. Simply put one to two spoons of Triphala powder in lukewarm water and leave it overnight and then filter it in the morning. Then wash the eyes with this mixture. It is counted among the benefits of Triphala juice.
- Triphala mask for face – Triphala Powder can also be used as a face pack. It can be used as a face mask and pack to make the skin glowing and spotless.
After explaining how to eat Triphala Powder, we will throw light on how to make Triphala Powder at home.
How To Make Triphala Powder
Triphala powder is easily available in the market, but it is also easy to make at home. For this reason, we are telling below how to make Triphala powder at home.
Note – Before buying, keep in mind that the ingredients (Harad, Baheda, and Amla) in Triphala Powder should be in the ratio of 1:2:4.
- Harad – 20 grams
- Bahera-40 grams
- Amla – 80 grams
- First of all, put all the raw ingredients one by one in the oven and grind them to make a fine powder.
- Then filter all.
- Now mix these powders.
- Put this mixture in a jar.
- Simply ready is Triphala Powder, which can be used daily.
Stay with us
Let us know what should be the dosage of Triphala powder.
Dosage Of Triphala Powder
The benefits of eating Triphala Powder can be had only when it is consumed in moderation. By the way, the dosage of Triphala Powder depends on the health benefits for which it is being consumed. For example, due to the medicinal properties of Triphala, five grams of Triphala can be consumed for 45 days for diabetes. At the same time, 5-5 grams of Triphala can be consumed twice before meals to reduce skin-related problems. To know the quantity of its consumption according to the problem, definitely contact the doctor.
Stay connected with us
Next, we will tell about the side effects of the Triphala Powder.
Side Effects Of Triphala Powder
Although Triphala is considered safe and in research also its side effects are negligible, it is mentioned that. At the same time, due to its excessive consumption, instead of the benefits of Triphala powder, there may be side effects as well. Below we are telling about the possible side effects of Triphala Powder.
- Triphala can inhibit the activity of an enzyme (cytochrome P450) found in liver cells. In fact, this enzyme is essential for the metabolism of many medicines. For this reason, it is necessary to consult a doctor before consuming Triphala along with an enzyme-related medicines.
- May reduce the effect of depression medication. Harad present in Triphala can be considered responsible for this.
- The herb present in Triphala is not considered safe during pregnancy.
- As we have mentioned that Triphala Powder has anti-diabetic properties. In such a situation, its high intake in low sugar patients can further reduce the level of sugar.
- Diarrhea can also occur if the amount of myrobalan present in Triphala is high.
Next, we are talking about the best Triphala Powder.
Best Triphala Powder Brands
There are many Triphala powders available in the market as the best Triphala Powder. We are further listing some of the most commonly bought Triphala Powder brands by the people.
- Dabur Triphala Powder
The company claims that the benefits of Dabur Triphala Powder include cleansing the stomach and removing digestive disorders. Apart from this, the benefits of Dabur Triphala Powder also include the removal of toxins from the body. The company has advised to eat it twice.
- Baidyanath Triphala Powder
The company claims that the benefits of Baidyanath Triphala Powder can be beneficial to the body in many ways, including the problem of gas and constipation. According to this brand, the benefits of Baidyanath Triphala Powder can be enjoyed at all ages.
- Zandu Triphala Powder
Apart from the above-mentioned Triphala products, the benefits of Zandu Triphala Powder can also be taken. This is also a well-known brand, due to which it can also be selected.
Now it must have become clear that Triphala is a very useful medicine. It can show a positive effect on many physical problems. We have also given the answer to the question of how to eat Triphala powder in the article. Just before consuming it regularly, a person suffering from a serious problem must consult a doctor once. We hope that the information given in this article of ours will prove useful to you. You can also share this article with your friends and family member.
Frequently Asked Questions –
Triphala Powder has a hot effect. In such a situation, it should be avoided to consume more during the summer.
Yes, the benefits of eating Triphala on an empty stomach are many. Hence, it can be consumed on an empty stomach in the morning.
Yes, we have also mentioned in the above section on the use of Triphala that Triphala powder and honey can be taken together. The benefits of eating Triphala with honey on an empty stomach can also be many.
Yes, it can be consumed with jaggery.