If health is not taken care of in time, then the possibility of falling prey to diseases may increase. At the same time, there are many types of Ayurvedic medicines to avoid this, which can be effective. One of these is Trikatu Churna. The benefits of Trikatu can be seen in many types of health problems. This is the reason that in this article of Myhealthonly, we are telling the benefits of Trikut Churna. Along with the method of making Trikatu Churna, we will also tell about the side effects of Trikatu Churna.
First of all, we will know what is called trikatu churna.
What Is Trikatu Churna?
Table of Contents
According to NCBI, Trikatu is a combination of herbs. It is made by mixing three ingredients in equal quantities. Black pepper, pippali, and dried ginger are used to prepare this mixture. These three things present in it have special properties, which we are telling in detail below.
- Dry ginger: It can have a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract when taken internally. It also helps to balance the functioning of the intestines, which can improve the body’s digestive system.
- Black pepper: Many such properties are present in black pepper, which can provide relief from health problems. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-microbial, and neuroprotective effects. All these properties can help with various problems.
- Pippali: Due to the medicinal properties present in Pippali, it is used in the Ayurvedic system of medicine. It can be used as a home remedy for problems like asthma, constipation, paralysis of the tongue, diarrhea, cholera, chronic malaria, viral hepatitis, respiratory infections, abdominal pain, bronchitis, cough, and tumors.
Trikatu churna having anti-inflammatory, anti-dyslipidemia and immune-modulatory effects can be used especially to treat diseases like the flu. Apart from this, its positive effects can also be seen in reducing the symptoms of the corona. This is confirmed by the research paper available on the site NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information). This research was done by the Ministry of Ayush, All India Institute of Medical Science, Bhopal.
Know further about the benefits of Trikatu Churna.
Health Benefits Of Trikatu Churna –
- Beneficial in digestion
The use of Trikatu can be beneficial to get relief from digestive problems. This thing is also mentioned in Sushruta Samhita. In this regard, NCBI has published a research paper on its site. It has been told that using Trikatu is beneficial for problems like dysentery.
The problem of the poor digestive system is called Agnimandya. To know how Trikatu is beneficial, it was consumed by the patient suffering from this problem. After some time, the research found that by including Trikatu in the diet, there was an improvement in the digestive capacity of the patient by about 54.84 percent. On this basis, it can be said that the benefits of Trikuta include getting relief from the problem of indigestion and loss of appetite.
- Benefits of Trikatu in Weight Loss
If someone is troubled by the problem of increasing weight or wants to lose weight, then Trikuta churna can be consumed. According to the study, if the method of eating trikatu churn with honey is adopted, then the problem of obesity can be reduced a bit. According to another Ayurvedic research, there was a decrease in the weight of people who consumed Trikatu. In this regard, Acharya Sushruta says that by taking Trikatu as a medicine, the problem of obesity can be controlled. This research was done on behalf of Gujarat Ayurved University.
- Helpful in Cholesterol Control
According to research, there is an anti-dyslipidemia ie cholesterol-controlling effect in Trikatu Churna. Trikatu churna can work to increase HDL i.e. good cholesterol in addition to reducing triglycerides and LDL i.e. bad cholesterol. On this basis, it can be assumed that the benefits of trikatu churna can be seen to control cholesterol.
- Benefits of Trikatu in Asthma
The benefits of Trikatu Churna can be seen in the problem of asthma. Trikatu Churna has been used in Ayurveda for a long time as a traditional medicine. It can also be used to get relief from asthma. According to another research, Pippali present in Trikatu Churna is one of the most important medicines in the treatment of asthma. In such a situation, Trikatu Churna can cure asthma to some extent. To get relief from the problem of asthma, it is advised in Ayurveda to consume 1 to 2 grams of Trikatu Churna mixed with honey.
- Helpful in increasing immunity
As you have already known that long pepper is used in the preparation of Trikatu Churna. At the same time, according to research, immunomodulatory properties are found in pippali, which play an important role in modulating the immune system.
According to research published on NCBI, the immune modulatory effect is found in trikatu. Due to this, it was advised to use it for diseases like flu and problems like a corona. It can be helpful in fighting these diseases by boosting the immune system. In such a situation, it can be believed that consuming Trikatu can help in increasing immunity.
- Helpful in irritable bowel syndrome
According to Ayurvedic medicine, the benefits of Trikatu Churna can be seen in irritable bowel syndrome. Ginger or ginger extract is used in traditional medicine, it may be beneficial in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a gastrointestinal disease that can be accompanied by symptoms such as bloating and abdominal pain. Research conducted on rats found that consuming dried ginger can improve symptoms of intestinal disease. Wherein, dry ginger i.e. dry ginger is used in Trikatu Churna.
- Relief from physical pain
Pippali present in Trikatu Churna has an analgesic (pain-reducing) effect. If research is to be believed, Trikatu Churna can be used to get relief from pain. Many times the problem of pain is felt along with swelling, in such a situation the consumption of Trikatu Churna can be beneficial. The main universities of Banaras, Germany, and Karnataka have done research in this regard. On this basis, it can be assumed that Trikatu Churna can be beneficial in physical pain.
- For Skin Health
Trikatu Churna is made up of three things black pepper, long pepper, and dry ginger. Due to the properties present in these three things, they can prove to be beneficial in many health problems. Research Journal of Pharmacy & Technology says in this regard that Trikatu has many therapeutic properties. Due to these properties, the benefits of Trikatu also include getting rid of skin-related problems.
- Thyroid Relief
The research was done at Government Ayurvedic College & Hospital, Guwahati to find out Trikatu Churna for Thyroid. Under this, 30 patients suffering from hypothyroidism were selected. He was given Trikatu Churna as a dietary supplement. This gave some relief to the patients. Explain that in hypothyroidism, the thyroid gland produces fewer hormones than necessary, due to which many types of health problems start to appear. In such a situation, it can be believed that this trikatu churna can be beneficial to the problem of the thyroid.
There is more ahead
After knowing the benefits of Trikatu Churna, now we will know what is the method of taking Trikatu Churna.
Use of Trikatu Churna – Right time and the right way to eat it
To get the benefits of Trikatu, it is necessary to know about the method of taking Trikatu Churna. Trikatu Churna can be used in Ayurvedic medicine to get relief from many health problems. Below we are telling the common way of consuming it. Now, according to the disease, only Ayurvedic doctors can tell about what time it should be taken.
- Trikatu Churna can be consumed with warm milk.
- If you do not want to consume milk, then you can consume trikatu churna with hot water.
- Apart from this, Trikatu can be used with honey to cure diseases like colds, rhinitis, cough, shortness of breath, asthma, indigestion, and obesity.
Let us know about the method of making Trikatu Churna.
How To Make Trikatu Churna
The method of making Trikatu Churna is explained in detail below.
- 50 Grams of dried ginger
- 50 Grams i.e. four teaspoons of black pepper
- Four spoons pippali
- Airtight container
- First of all, mix black pepper, long pepper, and dry ginger i.e. dry ginger together.
- Grind this mixture in a grinder till it becomes a fine powder.
- After this, filter it in a fine mesh or strainer, so that the coarse particles are removed.
- Store the prepared fine trikatu powder in a glass or air-tight container in a dry cool place away from sunlight.
- This powder can be used for one year.
Be with us
After the method of making Trikatu Churna, now we will know about Trikatu Churna uses.
Dosage Of Trikatu Churna –
To get the benefits of Trikatu Churna, it is necessary to be aware of its side effects. Its side effects can vary depending on the health and age of the person.
- A young person can take 2 grams of Trikatu Churna. He can consume it three times a day by mixing it with warm milk, water, or honey.
- Its side effects for children depend on health and age. Usually, a dose of 125 mg can be given to children at once. Do not give more than 500 mg in a day. Trikatu churna can be given to children by boiling it in milk.
Keep reading article
The side effects of Trikatu Churna have been told in the last part of the article.
Side Effects Of Trikatu Churna
Trikatu churna has both benefits and side effects. However, excessive consumption of Trikatu powder can also lead to side effects, which are as follows.
- Burning sensation after taste.
- Burning in chest.
- A sensation of burning in the throat.
- Feeling of heat in the body.
- Mouth ulcers.
- To sweat.
- Redness or burning sensation in the eyes.
Trikatu Churna is known as a very useful Ayurvedic medicine. The benefits of Trikatu Churna have also been explained in the article. However, to get its benefits, it is necessary to know about the method of making Trikatu Churna and the method of eating Trikatu Churna, information about which is given in the article. Despite this, if there is any doubt in the mind, then consult a doctor once before consumption.
Frequently Asked Questions –
Yes, according to research, 30 patients were given Trikatu Churna as a supplement in the treatment of thyroid patients. Reduction in hypothyroidism was seen in them. On this basis, it can be assumed that Trikatu Churna can be good for the thyroid. This has been explained in detail in the article.
Yes, it is mentioned in research that people who consume Trikatu Churna can see a reduction in weight. This topic is explained in detail in the article.