How many types of rajma are there? What are its benefits and side effect? And what is the method of making it so that its nutritional value is not reduced?
Rajma is a nutritious food item, which is rich in nutrients. Fiber is also found in it, which works to strengthen digestion as well as get rid of problems like constipation. Apart from this, the benefits of rajma nutrients like iron, copper, folate, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin C are found in it.
We’ll know what kinds of Rajma there are
There are different types of Rajma available in the market. It is available in different colors and sizes, which we are talking about below:
- Black Rajma – It is medium size black in color. It is a bit sweet to eat.
- Dark red kidney beans – It is slightly larger in size. It is mostly used in soups and salads.
- Light red kidney beans – it also increases in size, it takes 90 to 120 minutes to cook
- Navy Beans – This kidney bean is small in size. It takes about 90 to 120 minutes to cook.
- Pink-colored kidney beans – This kidney bean is of small size. It takes about 60 minutes to cook.
- Pinto Rajma – These kidney beans are mainly found in the United Nations. It is found in medium size.
- Great Northern Beans – The upper surface of these kidney beans is white in color. It is mostly used in France.
What Rajma can do for you
- To remove heart-related diseases
The benefits of kidney beans can also be seen in heart disease. Kidney beans reduce LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol). The magnesium present in it keeps blood pressure stable. Heart disease can be reduced by the benefits of kidney beans.
- To strengthen bones
Calcium is needed to make bones strong. Essential nutrients like calcium and magnesium are found in kidney beans, which help a lot in strengthening bones. If the way of eating rajma is included in your daily life properly, then it is very beneficial.
- Beneficial in brain development
Kidney beans contain an essential nutrient called choline, from which acetylcholine is formed. Acetylcholine is a type of neurotransmitter that regulates brain development and the nervous system. Kidney beans can also prove to be effective in the early development of the brain.
- Increase in energy
The body needs iron, which makes hemoglobin inside the body. For this, you can consume rajma. The amount of iron is found in kidney beans, which improves the level of hemoglobin and increases the amount of energy in the body. Also, protein is found in kidney beans, from which cells are formed. In such a situation, if kidney beans are consumed regularly, then the amount of energy remains in the body.
- Helps in bodybuilding
Protein is very important for bodybuilding and kidney beans are a good source of protein. Along with protein, fiber and iron are also found in kidney beans. Including kidney beans in your diet can build a shapely body, but you should take more appropriate advice during workouts.
If you want to get all these benefits from Rajma, then instead of preparing it in traditional curry style, make it in a different way so that along with taste, you can get the nutritious properties of Rajma.
- A cup of kidney beans
- A tomato
- An onion
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt (as per taste)
- First of all boil the rajma.
- Finely chop tomatoes and onions.
- Now take a bowl, in which mix the rajma and chopped tomatoes and onions.
- Sprinkle salt and lemon on top to taste.
- A bowl of kidney beans
- Half cup mint leaves
- A spoonful of ghee
- One spoon roasted cumin
- Salt (as per taste)
- 2 tablespoons mashed ginger
- Tsp black pepper powder
- First of all, rajma should be soaked.
- After this, rajma, ginger, and mint should be boiled together.
- Then all three should be grinded well in a mixer.
- After this, put ghee in the pan heat it, and put the grinder on top with two cups of water.
- Finally, add spices and bring to a boil. Take it, your soup is ready.
Everything has its benefits as well as a side effect, Rajma is also not untouched by it. Some of its side effects –
Side Effects of Rajma –
- Fiber is found in kidney beans, due to which excessive amounts may have to face gas, bloating, and muscle-related problems in the stomach.
- Folic acid is found in kidney beans, increasing the amount of which can increase the risk of cancer.
- Iron is found in kidney beans, an excessive amount of which can cause problems like constipation, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
The following are details about types of rajma. You can prevent many illnesses by eating rajma.