Do you know the amazing benefits of meditation?
You will be unaware of these surprising meditation benefits
Let us tell you the incredible health benefits of meditation, after that you will know why you should meditate
- Meditation is a mental state in which a person tries to concentrate his mind and mind, Meditation has been practiced since ancient times in the form of many religious traditions and beliefs.
- Meditation is in itself a mental state, but it is also known as a common practice. There is no harm due to its practice. If you practice regularly, you can maintain your mental balance even in adverse situations and can get many other benefits.
- “Meditation” is a thoughtless Awareness, which is not sleep or trance, in which the person is completely under his control, only he does not use his mind to analyze someone, that is, to talk to someone else. In this state there is no cosmic thought in your mind, but you are fully conscious.
- There are many ways to practice meditation. With the help of these techniques, the inner energy called life force is created and the spirit of compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness is developed. In addition, there are many health benefits such as reducing stress and high blood pressure.
From this article you will get information about all the things that you want to know about meditation, such as its benefits, rules and ways of doing it.
What is meditation –
- Nowadays everyone is aware of the name of meditation. TV, internet, phone will be available to hear or read something about it everywhere. But despite its popularity, many people don’t know what meditation really is? According to some people, meditation is a mental concentration, that meditation is the concentration of one’s mind and mind, some think that meditation is done by those who need peace or satisfaction, ie those who stay away from the noise of the world Want to
- These exercises are not really meditation. These are all alternatives to meditation because it is usually very difficult for the common man to completely calm his mind or prevent many thoughts from coming to mind. In fact, meditation is a state of mindfulness without mind, without planning in advance. That is, you do not have to do anything separately for this. It is experienced automatically by being happy, getting love from people around, etc.
- Meditation does not envisage anything or a person, but it is felt peacefully, mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. If you can slow down the thoughts coming in your mind through thoughtless awareness state then you will benefit immensely.
- There is no thoughtless awareness, sleep or mausoleum, in which the person is completely under his control, in this he does not use his mind to analyze anyone, that is, to talk to someone else.
- You can meditate at any time, regardless of whether you are in meditation. A person can meditate even while doing his daily work, for this it is not necessary that you sit on the mountains in the lotus posture.
When you take a look at the various explanations and articles of meditation, they are often asked to sit quietly or ponder for a few moments. In fact, meditation is much more than this. It is a feeling of deep peace that occurs when the mind is calm from inside. True meditation is one that focuses on the time of the present rather than thinking about the unchangeable past and uncertain future. The only thing is how to do this. We will tell you this in this article.
Types of meditation –
There is no right or wrong way to meditate, you just have to do exercises that are important to you and enhance your personality. There are several types of meditation, six of them are as follows:
1. Vipassana Meditation –
Vipassana is the most important method of meditation. Its purpose is to concentrate for mental peace. Breath is used in this process. With regular practice you will start to understand your thoughts and understanding the thoughts helps you to understand yourself.
This type of meditation is good for those who have no one to guide them, as it can be practiced alone and easily.
2. Spiritual Meditation –
Spiritual meditation is used in many religions such as Hinduism etc. It is similar to praying. In this, while worshiping, you feel peace around you and feel connected to God or the universe.
Spiritual meditation can be practiced at home or place of worship. This practice is beneficial for those who like a quiet environment and need only a little spiritual development.
3. Focused Meditation –
In concentrated meditation, one tries to bring concentration using any of the five senses. For example, you can focus on anything internal such as breath by aiming or counting something external such as beads of garland or looking at a candle flame.
This exercise may sound simple, but it can be difficult for newcomers to do this meditation for more than a few minutes. If your mind wanders, then practice again.
As the name suggests, this practice can be useful for anyone who needs extra focus in their life.
4. Movement Meditation –
Most people start imagining yoga in the name of dynamic meditation. This practice may include walking in the forest, gardening, qigong (Qigong – breath control process in China) and other dynamic activities. It is an active form of meditation where these activities guide you.
Dynamic meditation is good for those who find peace in doing something and also like to keep it running to give peace to their mind.
5. Mantra Meditation –
Mantra meditation is prominent among other techniques of meditation, including Hindu and Buddhist traditions. To meditate and calm the mind, this type of meditation involves the repeated pronunciation of a word, sentence, or sound such as “Om” most commonly used in the process.
After chanting the mantra for some time, you will feel more agile and strong. By doing this meditation you will experience peace of mind and purity more deeply.
Some people find mantra meditation easier because they find chanting a word easier than focusing on the breath. It is also a good practice for those who do not like peace at all.
6. Transcendental meditation –
Transcendental meditation is the most popular type of meditation worldwide. And this has been studied most scientifically. To practice this mantra is more favorable than meditation, it is also done by using mantra or words which are necessary for meditation.
This practice is useful for those who are serious about continuing the practice of meditation, that is, really want to do meditation.
Rules of meditation –
Some methods or rules of meditation are as follows:
- Choose the right time to meditate. The time from 4 am to 4 pm is the best. It is believed that at this time the angle between the Sun and the Earth is 60 degrees and sitting at this time meditating has a good effect on pituitary gland and pineal gland.
- Practice in a quiet place where there is no one to distract you carefully. Sit in a comfortable position. Your seating position also makes a difference. Feel yourself calm, relaxed and stable.
- Keep your spine straight and sit upright. Do not over-stretch or keep your shoulders and neck loose. Keep it in the normal state.
- Try to have an empty stomach during exercise. The best time to meditate at home or in the office is before meals. There is a laziness to meditate after a meal. However, when you are very hungry then it is not necessary to meditate. You should have food first because in this situation also you will be focused on eating.
- Wear loose-fitting and comfortable clothes.
- If it is cold, do some exercise first. Doing a little body heat exercise or yoga practice before meditation improves blood circulation. It removes restlessness and laziness of the body.
- Take a deep breath. It is always good to do yoga that improves blood flow in the blood vessels, along with deep breathing.
- Keep a slight smile on your face while meditating. It helps you to concentrate in rest, peace and meditation.
- Keep your eyes closed while sitting and meditating. This does not distract the mind while meditating.
- After the practice is over, slowly open your eyes. Now try to feel the energy inside you. You will appreciate refreshment.
Method of meditation –
Try to practice meditation by following these things.
- Sit or lie down comfortably. You can also use a chair or pillow if needed.
- Close your eyes If desired, use a mask that provides coolness to the eyes.
- Do not try to control the breath, breathe naturally.
- Focus your attention on the breath and observe your body movements while breathing in and out, as well as inspect your chest, shoulders, ribs and abdomen. Just focus your breath on it without controlling its speed or intensity. If your mind wanders, try to concentrate again.
- This process will take two to three minutes to begin and then try to maintain it for a long time.
Remember that this is a very simple meditation method. There are many other types of meditation methods which have different methods of doing them. If you want to learn a specific meditation technique, you should seek guidance from an experienced teacher.
The right time to meditate –
Meditation can be done at any time. However, early in the morning or late at night is the best time to meditate because at this time the world remains calm, that is, the noise outside is less. The benefit of meditating at this time is that you do not have the tension to do it with daily tasks and you do not have trouble with phone calls or other household chores. Or you can also take the time according to yourself, if you have children in your house, then you can do meditation after their sleep.
It is best to meditate at the same time every day. This helps balance and make meditation a part of your life. The goodness of meditating in the morning is that your stomach is empty at that time. Meditation and yoga should be done after about four hours of eating.
Benefits of meditation –
11 Wonderful Benefits of Meditation, You must to know
The following are the health benefits of meditation, as evidenced by scientific studies –
1. It reduces stress –
Most people try to meditate to reduce stress. One study showed that more than 3,500 adults were also involved in meditation, which reduced their stress.
A research has also shown that doing meditation also improves stress-related conditions, such as irritability due to irregular bowel movements, stress due to an injury or accident, and fibromyalgia (muscle and bone pain) etc.
2. Worrying over matter is reduced –
The lower the stress, the lower the anxiety. Meditation also helps in curing diseases caused by anxiety, such as phobias (fear of anything), social anxiety (what would society say), thoughts that cause anxiety, obsessive behavior, and brainwashing. Things like etc. According to many studies, adopting different types of meditation techniques is beneficial in reducing anxiety. By meditating, it also helps in controlling the anxiety caused due to high work pressure in the office.
3. Enhances emotional health –
By doing some kind of meditation, your attitude towards yourself changes and your attitude towards life is also positive.
According to two studies by Vipassana Meditation, it has reduced stress in 4,600 adults.
According to another study, people who do Vipassana Meditation have more brain activity than those who do not, which means they have control over their brains. People who used to meditate, there is a change in their thinking, now they are thinking more positively than before.
4. Increases self-awareness –
Some types of meditation help you understand yourself. With which you can control yourself in your troubles and adversity.
For example, the purpose of self-examination meditation is to help you understand yourself more and to help connect yourself to people around you.
5. Increases concentration –
Meditation with focused attention can help you increase concentration. It increases the power and patience required to concentrate.
For example, one study looked at the effects of vipassana meditation after eight weeks, and found that people who participated in it had increased their ability to meditate. Even meditating for a short time now can benefit them. Another study also found that by practicing meditation four days a week, you also get the benefit of meditation.
6. Reduces the problem of forgetting –
To improve concentration you have to do regular and mindful meditation. This relieves the problem of forgetfulness and dementia at an older age.
According to studies, several types of meditation techniques have also been found to increase concentration, memory and brain speed in older people.
7. Meditation makes you kind –
Certain types of meditation specifically increase positive thoughts and positive reactions to oneself and others. Metta, a type of meditation, also known as loving-kindness meditation, increases your compassion. By practicing this, a feeling of kindness and forgiveness towards others develops.
8. Helps in quitting bad habits –
Your mental discipline increases through meditation. Which increases your control over yourself and it is also easy to know what is the cause of your problem. Because of this, your habit of depending on other things ends.
The psychic you can develop from can help you break dependency by increasing your self-control and awareness of triggers for addictive behavior.
Meditation helps to refocus, increase willpower, control emotions and cravings, and understand the causes of bad habits.
9. Improves sleep –
About half of India’s population suffers from insomnia. According to studies, people who are undergoing meditation get more sleep at the right time, Whereas most people who do not, are disturbed by their sleeplessness or repeated sleep disturbances while sleeping.
10. Reduces any type of physical pain –
Your pain is directly related to your brain and it is increased in stressful situations.
One study showed that people experiencing similar types of pain, some of whom underwent meditation and some who did not, So those who meditated had more ability to bear the pain and even the pain subsided, and those who did not, their pain became more intense. Actually it is what you think. If you think more about a problem, then it will feel more and remove ‘meditation’ from there, then forgetting it for a few moments will not make it feel. Meditation controls that.
11. Helps reduce blood pressure –
Meditation reduces the pressure on the heart. Which improves physical health.
On experimenting on 996 people, it was found that when they repeat a “silent mantra” by repeating it repeatedly, it reduced blood pressure by five percent on average.
In some cases, controlling the nervous system signals also reduces blood pressure because the nervous system is directly related to the blood vessels and the heart.
How is the experience of meditation –
Do you know that you regularly experience meditation?
The speed with which people learn to meditate, it is a little difficult to have the same similarity in their sensation. Because every person has different effect according to his mind. In ancient times meditators started to learn about this and after that hundreds or maybe thousands of meditators have proved it.
The “9 steps of meditation” are very beautiful and illustrated descriptions of what a meditator felt, in this picture it is explained through “educating the elephant” (pictured) how the experience after meditation it happens. This method is found in many Tibetan monasteries around the world. The 9 stages of meditation are as follows –
As soon as you start meditating and divert all your attention from the world around you, you will be surprised to see that even in this action, you will find yourself as upside down as you are in doing more tasks. Because in the inner world your thoughts, your feelings, some memories, mostly fear and a lot of past, some good moments etc. all come together in meditation.
It is not as long as it seems. In between, you should calm down for a short time, that is, take a break in meditation, where your mind is calm for just a moment and then concentrate on the re-centered object. Your mind may wander from time to time but you have to put it back on the focused object. This process is important to learn to meditate, as well as how to put the mind back, how long it takes, and how to focus on a focused object, etc.
If you keep practicing meditation for a few weeks or months, at one time you will reach a state where you will be able to keep your focus on the object continuously for about half the time. Then external attraction or things will not distract you because by then you must have understood that the mind actually wanders from inside and not from outside. In fact, the biggest change at this stage is that you will start accepting this thing wholeheartedly.
It is an essential part of calm. What exactly is peace? If you don’t mind seeing, hearing or feeling negative things, then you have learned to remain calm internally.
By the fourth stage you will start feeling things from a new level. You will be able to identify the things that your mind wandered from before they were born. Therefore, your reactions to negative feelings and thoughts will become more intense and positive in a short time. After this try to calm yourself. Now you will feel a little lethargy and a little excitement. This enthusiasm is the opposite of depression, but it is still low for high levels of meditation.
Phase 5, 6 and 7
By the 5th step, you almost learn to control your brain. Now you can sometimes meditate without a focused object. Now you just have to learn to control your mind, due to which various kinds of wandering thoughts come to mind. You have to recognize the stability inside you through meditation. You will slowly start to feel that whatever happens is due to your inner experience. If you think well then everything will be good and if you think negative then problem will arise everywhere. This is all a game of your brain, but now you will have fun in this mind game. By the 7th stage your meditation will become so strong that you will see more effect of meditation in 24 hours than in the time of meditation only.
Phase 8 and 9
These are the last stages of meditation, in which you will have to learn to focus your attention like waves in the ocean. People usually state these feelings during their meditation practice:
- Deep peace.
- Reincarnation of body and mind.
- Feeling contentment, good and physical pleasure.
- To make oneself feel full and focused.
However, the real feeling of meditation can only be experienced only in words that cannot be adequately described.
Loss of Meditation –
Although meditation has many benefits, it also has some drawbacks that are important to know, which can occur during practice.
It is more important to know, especially for beginners, who can definitely face one of the challenges below. Meditation and yoga teachers should also be aware of these important shortcomings, as their students may face similar challenges, and may need support.
1. Finding the “right” technique to meditate for yourself.
Some teachers or books believe that their method is the best way to meditate. They dismiss other methods as incorrect techniques. This is absolutely wrong, be careful about this. The best thing about meditation is that there are many ways and techniques to do it. There are also many approaches to meditation, and all you have to do is find a way that proves right for you.
2. Facing your suppressed feelings.
The deepest thing you experience in your meditation is that you recognize yourself. In the same process, you are confronted with buried and buried emotions. The main purpose of meditation is to destroy the feelings of anger, fear or jealousy present in the deep within you, which makes you feel uncomfortable. This is a natural and healthy response to meditation, and these feelings will gradually subside. If the meditator is unaware of this deficiency, when confronted with those buried feelings, he feels that something is going wrong and he can also stop mediation.
3. Trying to be a complete meditator.
You may also have expectations from yourself. If you start sitting for meditation for a long time, feel calm after meditating and you have overcome anger, etc. In situations, you start expecting more from yourself. We are human and as in the present day environment, sometimes it is difficult to just sit calmly and concentrate, then you should be satisfied with it and do not think of becoming a full-fledged meditator.
4. To think of meditation as a medicine.
Meditation is a long-term practice that provides healthy and internal nutrition. However, if someone is experiencing difficulties and is in dire need of treatment. So meditation is not its cure. Maybe they really need a doctor.
5. The danger of getting away from Illusion.
Removing fascination is a special quality of meditation. But it can be harmful in India. However, it is important to stay away from Illusion, as this does not affect the plays in your life and helps you to feel mental peace.
However, getting away from the temptation does not mean to ignore anything, to confer authority on it or to neglect it. You should not separate yourself from the people and activities around you. Because they all love you and you should not become passive or worthless.
These are all powerful benefits of meditation, By doing meditation you can make health good and avoid many diseases.