Do you know the effective benefits of lavender essential oil?
You will be unaware of these surprising benefits of lavender essential oil
Let us tell you wonderful benefits of lavender essential oil after that you will know why you should use lavender essential oil
Lavender is a herb full of many qualities. Its oil is used for cosmetic and medical projects. Its oil has the aroma of floral grass which relaxes the mind and body and makes it feel refreshed.
It contains more than 150 active components. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial, anticonvulsant, antidepressant, antimicrobial, antibacterial, pain relieving, calming and soothing properties. Due to all these properties it is widely used in the health industry. In addition it is one of the most preferred herbs in the beauty industry. It is used in many creams, hair products and candles.
10 Marvellous Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil, You must to know
1. For good sleep –
Earlier people used to sleep with lavender flowers in pillows to get good sleep. It has now been scientifically proven that lavender aromatherapy can help better rest and sleep. A 2014 study published in the American Journal of Critical Care found that the use of lavender is an effective way to get good sleep. Also lavender oil helps to stabilize mood and balance strong emotions.
For this, put 3 or 4 drops of lavender oil on a handkerchief and put it under your pillow before sleeping for a good sleep.
2. Headache relief –
If you are often troubled by a headache or migraine problem due to stress, lavender oil can be used as a natural alternative to pain relief. It has pain relievers and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain. In addition it relaxes the strained muscles that often cause headaches. A 2012 study published in European Neurology suggests that inhaling lavender oil is an effective and safe treatment for migraine headaches.
For this, you put a few drops of lavender oil on a handkerchief and inhale its aroma for relief from acute headache.
Along with this, you can also choose another option. For this you can mix 2 drops of lavender oil in 1 tablespoon olive oil and massage your forehead with it, which will give you relief from headache.
3. Lavender oil can remove fungal infection –
Lavender oil is also an effective remedy to fight fungus infection. A 2011 study published in the Journal of Medical Microbiology found that lavender oil has a powerful antifungal effect against fungal strains that cause common skin and nail infections. It is also beneficial in the case of itchy skin, minor wounds or in case of burning and it also reduces the risk of them occurring.
- For this, mix a few drops of lavender oil in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Now apply it on the infected area using cotton.
- Now leave it for at least 30 minutes, then wash it with lukewarm water and dry it thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- Apply it twice daily until you get rid of the infection completely.
4. Useful in worry –
Lavender oil acts as a relaxing medicine and helps reduce anxiety and panic attacks. Lavender aromatherapy opens up the nervous system thus reducing anxiety. It reduces the conditions that trigger anxiety in the brain. In addition, lavender oil helps in suppressing the high heart rate and reduces high blood pressure.
- For this, you put a few drops of lavender oil in a bowl of hot water and steam it to reduce anxiety.
- Rub a few drops of lavender oil on your ear to make feel relaxed.
- Or put a few drops of lavender oil in massage oil and massage your neck, back and shoulders with that oil.
5. Benefits of lavender essential oil for asthma –
Lavender oil can also be used to relax breathing pathways and to relieve breathing problems. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help strengthen your ability to ward off asthma attacks.
A 2014 study published in The Life Sciences Journal also found that inhaling lavender essential oil helps reduce allergic inflammation of the airways, as well as in the treatment of bronchial asthma.
- Apart from this, lavender oil helps in treating respiratory problems like cold and flu, bronchitis and throat infections.
- For this, you should add 5 or 6 drops of lavender oil to two tablespoons of jojoba oil or olive oil and rub this mixed oil on your chest twice daily.
- You can also do steam treatment with lavender oil.
- In addition, you can add a few drops of lavender oil to the diffuser or humidifier.
6. Pain relief –
Lavender oil has pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and inflammation. You can use it to treat sore muscles, leg pain, arthritis pain and even back pain.
A 2006 study published in The Pain Practice Journal found that patients who underwent oxygen with lavender aromatherapy after breast biopsy surgery relieved pain to a great extent.
Regular massage by mixing a few drops of lavender oil with olive oil will relieve joint and muscle pain.
Putting several drops of lavender oil in warm bath water and staying in it for 10 to 15 minutes can relieve your pain.
7. Benefits of lavender essential oil for staph infection –
Lavender oil is used in the treatment of Staph infection due to the strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of lavender oil, caused by Staphylococcus bacteria.
Staphylococcus bacteria can cause many skin problems such as boils, impetigo and cellulitis.
A 2009 study published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine has observed the antimicrobial effect of lavender oil on methicillin sensitive and resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
For this, pour 2 or 3 drops of lavender oil on cotton and pat it on the affected area and leave it for 30 minutes. Now wash it thoroughly. Do this process twice daily for several days.
Also, mix a few drops of lavender oil in 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel and apply it on the affected area and leave it for an hour. Now wash it with lukewarm water. Do this process twice daily for several days.
8. Remove body odor –
The sweet aroma of lavender oil can help hide any odor of your body and your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. Also when it is used as an air freshener it does not give rise to headaches or respiratory problems like some chemical based air fresheners.
- To remove body odor, add a few drops of lavender oil to bath water or shower gel.
- Also pour a few drops of lavender oil in a spray bottle filled with water. Spray it on sweaty areas of the body, this will relieve you of the smell of sweat.
- To keep your home fresh, put a few drops of this oil in a humidifier.
- Fill a ½ cup of baking soda in a mason jar and pour a few drops of lavender oil into it and cover the mouth of the jar with paper and make a hole in it and keep that jar in the bedroom or kitchen.
9. Lavender oil keeps insects away –
Lavender oil acts as a natural insect repellent which helps in warding off insects such as flea, mosquito, beetles, moths and flies.
To avoid insects, apply a few drops of lavender oil at the pulse points before going out. Before applying this oil on your skin, check whether it is suitable for your skin. Lavender oil, unlike other essential oils, is gentle and is often used directly on the skin. But if it causes skin irritation by applying it, mix a few drops of it in carrier oil like sunflower oil and gently rub it on your skin.
You can also put a few drops of lavender oil on cotton and keep it in your clothes cupboard to keep insects away.
10. For hair loss –
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease in which a human’s immune system attacks itself on its body. This causes hair to dislodge from the root. This disease can be treated with lavender oil.
A 1998 study published in The Archives of Dermatological Research suggests that when lavender oil is used in combination with other essential oils such as thyme, rosemary, and cedar wood oil, it would prove beneficial in treating alopecia areata.
By mixing a few drops of lavender oil in two tablespoons of jojoba oil, massaging the scalp for several months causes hair to grow.
These are all amazing benefits of lavender essential oil, By using lavender essential oil you can make health good and avoid many diseases.