Do you know the amazing intermittent fasting for weight loss?
You will be unaware of these surprising Intermittent fasting weight loss
Let us tell you helpful intermittent fasting for weight loss after that you will know, How to reduce weight..
Increased weight can cause many diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases and liver disease. In such a situation, it is important to control the increasing weight in time. For this, in addition to exercise, dieting and other methods, the option of intermittent fasting can also be effective. What this is and how it differs from common fasting is given in this article of My Health Only. Also, how intermittent fasting can help in weight loss, it has also been told in this article. Apart from this, what should be eaten in intermittent fasting and what can be its disadvantages, it is also mentioned in this article.
Scroll for further information.
Let us first know what is intermittent fasting?
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is a method of fasting for a healthy lifestyle. Unlike diet, it is a pattern of eating. It has a fixed time to fast. A person can start intermittent fasting by choosing that fixed time according to his convenience. In this fast, more attention is given to eating and fasting period than what should be eaten. Explain the benefits of intermittent fasting, it can be beneficial for health to a great extent. It can positively impact body weight and body inflammation, as well as many other health problems.
Those who are going to do intermittent fasting for the first time should take care of the following things.
Tips for Intermittent Fasting for Beginners –
Those who are thinking of intermittent fasting for the first time, they should take full care of the below mentioned things.
- Take care of calories – During intermittent fasting, the intake of calorie-rich foods is not completely stopped, rather they need to be taken in a balanced amount for a set period of time. The calories in the body can be controlled by limiting the amount of such food or by reducing the intake of calorie-rich foods.
- Start with a short time fast – First-time intermittent fasting individuals may initially reduce the duration of fasting. Also, keep fasting once or twice a week. Then try to gradually increase the duration of fasting to the prescribed duration of intermittent fasting.
- Keep in mind the time of fasting – Set the duration of fasting in such a way that you can get 7 hours of sleep during that time. Keep in mind that you should eat three to four hours before bedtime. After that, get good sleep for seven to eight hours. This will enable the person to fast for 11 hours easily. If the duration of fasting is to increase in the meantime, do not eat anything for one to two hours after getting up.
- Keep yourself hydrate – During fasting, it is also necessary for a person to keep himself hydrate. Keep in mind that during fasting, take the right amount of water or other beverages. Especially those who are doing intermittent fasting for the first time.
- Doctor’s advice – To avoid any health problems during fasting, it is good to talk to the doctor or dietician once about intermittent fasting. The doctor may recommend doing it, or not, depending on the health condition. Also, other important information related to this fast can also be given.
Scroll further to know the intermittent fasting in detail.
In this section, know the types of intermittent fasting and the right way to do it.
10 Effective Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss, You must to know
Types of intermittent fasting and the right way to do it –
If one has to take advantage of intermittent fasting, then the person should know its type and right way of doing it. Below we are giving information on this subject.
1. 16/8 Intermittent Fasting –
This is the most popular type of intermittent fasting. It is fasted for 16 hours and 8 hours are kept for eating. Such intermittent fasting is also called 8-hour diet or time-restricted diet. For example, if a person has his breakfast at 9 am, he can eat the last meal of the whole day at 5 pm. Then the person has to fast till the next morning.
2. 5: 2 Intermittent Fasting:
This is also one of the types of health-beneficial intermittent fasting. In this, food has to be consumed without any restriction for five days a week. Then it is advisable to reduce the intake of calorie-rich diet for any two days in a week. In this, a person may need 20-25% energy during fasting days. If a person wants to consume a calorie-rich diet during this period, then they should not take more than 500 calories. Along with this, it is also important to note that this fast of two days should not be continuous.
3. Alternate fasting –
Instead of fasting continuously, it can be fasted every other day in a week. For example, if someone is eating on Monday, then he can fast on Tuesday. On the day of the meal, a person can eat the things he likes.
4. Time Restricted Feeding –
It is allowed to eat according to a set time. For example, fasting during Ramadan can be a good example. In time-restricted feeding, a person can eat between 8 am and 3 am and can fast for the rest of the time.
5. Ramadan fasting –
Fasting done during the month of Ramadan also comes under the category of intermittent fasting. In this, light food is eaten before sunrise, while more food is consumed after sunset. Therefore, the duration of eating and fasting in Ramadan is about 12 hours.
6. 24-hour fast –
In this person can fast for 24 hours for 1 or 2 days in a week. It is better that individuals choose the day according to their schedule and convenience and then fast. For example, eat food at 7 pm on the first day and fast until 7 pm the next day. A person can choose the time he wishes.
7. 36-hour fast –
This is an extended period of 24-hour fast. For example, a person eats dinner on the first day, fasts the next day and snacks on the third day. This method can be done once a month or once a year. Also, do consult medical advice before doing this.
8. Avoiding one-time meals –
One has to skip meals. For example, lunch and dinner can be served excluding breakfast or dinner can be served directly after breakfast.
9. Do not eat occasionally –
If a person is having trouble fasting continuously, then the person can fast on any one day of the week or skip one meal during the whole day. It all happens at the convenience of the person. This can be a good way to initiate long-term intermittent fasting.
10. Warrior Diet –
In this type of intermittent fasting, a person is advised to eat light food during the day and more at night, including protein-rich foods. Also it is necessary to exercise during this fasting.
Keep reading this article to know more about intermittent fasting.
Further know whether intermittent fasting is beneficial for weight loss?
Is intermittent fasting helpful in reducing increasing weight or not?
Intermittent fasting can be somewhat helpful for weight loss. Indeed, according to a research published on the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information, intermittent fasting may prove effective in short term weight loss among normal weight, overweight and obese individuals. In addition, research on animals has found beneficial effects of intermittent fasting. Right now, more precise scientific evidence is needed about this, but one can resort to intermittent fasting to keep themselves healthy and balance weight. This fasting can not only be effective in balancing weight, but its benefits can help in maintaining heart health.
Learn more about which foods can be consumed during intermittent fasting below.
Know further what a person can eat in intermittent fasting.
What to eat in intermittent fasting –
During intermittent fasting, the time chosen to eat should be kept in mind that maximum nutritious diet should be consumed. As mentioned above, there are many types of intermittent fasting, but, one thing is common in all types that the fasting time is slightly longer. In this case, a person should keep in mind that he should take nutritious food so that there is no weakness or health problem. During this time there is not much restriction in the food items, just the calories are limited. In such a situation, the foods mentioned below can be consumed during intermittent fasting.
- High-fiber foods (whole fruits, grains and vegetables) can be consumed during intermittent fasting. These diets can support weight control by keeping the stomach full for a long time.
- Fruit and their juice can be consumed in healthy breakfast. In addition, the person can also include foods of their choice. Keep in mind, foods are rich in nutrition and do not require high protein content.
- In intermittent fasting, it is also recommended to eat a diet containing a limited amount of calories, but the amount should not exceed 500 kcal.
- If someone is doing a warrior diet, he or she can consume a protein-rich diet (milk, fish, poultry, meat, lentils, beans, chicken, and low-fat milk products) on dietician’s advice.
- Also, during intermittent fasting, consume water and other fluids, so that there is no problem of dehydration in the body.
Note – The above mentioned foods for intermittent fasting are on an approximate basis, please contact the dietician for correct information.
Know the sample meal plan for intermittent fasting below.
Seven days meal plan in intermittent fasting –
The list to be shared below is given as a sample. Individuals can make changes in the foods present in it as per their wish and requirement. This is an example of 16/8 intermittent fasting.
Important information: During intermittent fasting, keep drinking water to keep yourself hydrate. If seen, it is not forbidden to eat anything. However, it also depends on the health of the person and also on the type of intermittent fasting. If someone wants to do intermittent fasting to lose weight, then he can adopt diet according to the dietician’s advice. Our advice is that before any type of intermittent fasting it is necessary to seek the advice of a doctor or specialist. Now read below the advantages of intermittent fasting in detail.
Now that we have learned so much about intermittent fasting, now it is time to know the benefits of intermittent fasting. In this part of the article, we are trying to give information about this.
Other benefits of intermittent fasting –
Know below some other benefits of intermittent fasting.
1. To keep the heart healthy –
Intermittent fasting can play a helpful role in keeping the heart healthy. Alternate fasting done every other day can be beneficial here. According to a research published on the NCBI website, alternative fasting can be helpful for obese individuals. This can not only reduce weight, but can also reduce the risk of coronary artery disease.
2. Beneficial in reducing harmful cholesterol –
The benefit of intermittent fasting can be helpful in reducing LDL (harmful cholesterol) in the body. Indeed, according to some research, intermittent fasting can work to reduce weight as well as improve lipid profile.
However, most studies analyzing the effects of intermittent fasting for lipid profiles and body weight loss are based on Ramadan fasting, which lacks specific information about the diet taken during fasting. At the moment, further research needs to be done on this topic.
3. Improving Insulin Sensitivity –
Effectively reducing blood glucose by insulin is called insulin sensitivity. The benefits of intermittent fasting can be seen here, as it can help improve insulin sensitivity. According to research conducted in this subject, individuals who followed ‘Time Restricted Feeding’ (a type of intermittent fasting) for five weeks showed improvement in insulin sensitivity.
4. Promote Cellular Repair and Autophagy –
Intermittent fasting can be helpful in repairing cells and improving autophagy. Indeed, autophagy is a process involving cells in which damaged cells are cleaned and healthy cells are re-formed. According to a research published in the NCBI website, intermittent fasting on mice has been found to improve the autophagy process. In addition, according to another research, fasting can help protect normal cells from toxic substances. At the moment, further research is still needed on this topic.
5. For Cancer –
Intermittent fasting can be somewhat helpful in the prevention of cancer. Indeed, according to a research related to this, STF-Short Term Fasting can increase the effect of a chemotherapeutic agent along with reducing toxicity. May also help reduce DNA damage in patients taking chemotherapy. Not only this, mice affected by tumors whose diet was restricted for some time showed an increase in survival ability. At the moment, further research needs to be done on this topic.
6. For the brain –
Intermittent fasting can be beneficial for the brain. This can help improve brain functioning. Indeed, a research related to this suggests that intermittent fasting can improve learning ability and memory. In addition, research on mice suggests that intermittent fasting may work to improve age-based brain functioning.
7. For inflammation and blood pressure –
Intermittent fasting can be helpful in many benefits to the body, including resting from inflammation and lowering blood pressure. At the moment, further research needs to be done on this topic.
Keep reading this article for more information about intermittent fasting.
Know further things to keep in mind during or after intermittent fasting.
Some tips during and after intermittent fasting –
Read some tips during and after intermittent fasting.
- Those who are fasting for the first time, first of all consult a specialist or doctor.
- It can be started with a short-term fast.
- During fasting, drink as much water and drink fluids to keep yourself hydrate.
- Light-weight exercises can be done during fasting. Do not exercise if you experience weakness.
- Take a light diet to break intermittent fasting.
- Never break your fast with heavy diet.
- Do not make frequent intermittent fasting or not make it a habit.
- If someone has a health problem, do not intermittent fasting.
- Avoid eating junk foods during and after fasting.
Scroll down to know when intermittent fasting should not be done.
In this part of the article, know when should not intermittent fasting.
When should not Intermittent Fasting –
Intermittent fasting is a type of fasting, In such a situation, one should know when to not do it, Below we are talking about this topic –
- If someone’s weight is less than necessary, they should not intermittent fasting.
- Do not fast if the doctor has advised not to intermittent fasting.
- Do not do this fasting in a serious health problem.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should stay away from intermittent fasting.
- Children and teens do not do this fasting.
- If someone is taking medicines related to blood pressure or heart disease, then do consult a doctor before doing this fasting.
If intermittent fasting has its benefits, then its disadvantages are many. We are giving this information below.
Side Effects of Intermittent Fasting-
Learn about the side effects of intermittent fasting below.
- There may be a headache problem.
- Constipation may be troublesome.
- Not eating can cause irritability or mood swings.
- Willingness to eat may increase further.
- There may be trouble with dizziness.
- Weakness or lack of energy may be felt.
Hopefully, you will now know the benefits of intermittent fasting. Along with this, various types and related food related things must also have been known. In such a situation, if you are thinking about intermittent fasting for weight loss, then read the article thoroughly and talk to the doctor about it too. At the same time, readers should also keep in mind that intermittent fasting is not magic, it can be beneficial for some people and not for some people. In such a situation, our suggestion would be that it can be adopted for the benefit of intermittent fasting, but do not make it a habit. Continuous intermittent fasting can also have negative effects on health. Hope this article is beneficial for you.
Frequently asked Questions –
Herbal tea can be consumed in place of normal tea and coffee during intermittent fasting, but for this you must seek medical consultation.
No, apple vinegar can be consumed in intermittent fasting. At the same time, if anyone is allergic to it, do not consume it.
The type of intermittent fasting depends on what intermittent fasting the person is doing. Apart from this, it also depends on the health of the person, but, our advice is not to increase the duration of fasting beyond 16 hours.
Yes, we have also given information in the article that during intermittent fasting, one should drink water regularly to remain hydrated.
How much a person can lose weight in intermittent fasting depends on their current weight, physical condition, lifestyle, and the type of intermittent fasting.
Generally fasting is considered good for the body. At the same time, pregnant, lactating mothers and women struggling with a serious health problem are advised not to fast.
Intermittent fasting may help increase cortisol. Cortisol, a hormone, is beneficial in many problems related to the body along with stress.
It depends on the weight, age and health of the person. If someone wants to do intermittent fasting for the first time, then he can start with overnight intermittent fasting. In addition, a person may start with intermittent fasting once a week and intermittent fasting twice a week when there are no problems. Take care not to make it a habit.
How much weight a person can lose from intermittent fasting depends on the type of intermittent fasting and the age and weight of the person.
A fast of at least 6 hours can be done during intermittent fasting. If there is no health problem during this period then gradually this period can be extended.
As we had told in our article of keto diet that people consume moderate amounts of protein and high fat diet in keto diet. In such a situation, during intermittent fasting, if the person consumes a diet of protein and high fat, then the person can enter the Ketosis phase. For more information about keto diet, you can read the article of keto diet for weight loss.
These are all impressive intermittent fasting for weight loss.