The body remains healthy when our body’s immune system is strong. Because the immune system helps the body fight infection. A healthy diet is essential to strengthening the immune system. So let’s know what things you can include in the diet, you can increase the immunity of the body.
Include these eight immunity booster foods in your diet to boost immunity
- Anti-oxidants rich foods – Superfoods like berries, onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, and even pumpkin are rich in antioxidants, vitamins C, B, and E. You can include any one of these in your diet daily. This will strengthen the immune system and help fight infections.
- Vitamin C-rich foods – Vitamin C plays an important role in keeping the immune system strong. You can boost your immunity by making citrus fruits like guava, orange, amla, berry, lemon, etc a part of your diet. Apart from this, include moringa, basil leaves, spirulina, neem, and green tea in your diet.
- Turmeric – Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric contains an active compound called curcumin, which is beneficial for health in many ways. Include turmeric and black pepper in your diet. According to Ayurveda, this is an age-old, tried, and tested recipe for boosting immunity. In a glass of water, turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, saffron, etc. can be taken as a tea. Apart from this, turmeric milk is considered effective for boosting immunity.
- Star anise – Star anise contains a compound called shikimic acid, which has been used for more than 15 years in making antiviral drugs. It contains many beneficial ingredients, which help in the quick healing of the injury. It can be used in making thai soups and curries. Apart from this, add two star anise to the water and boil it for about 15 minutes. Drink it hot.
- Coconut oil – Start your day with 1-2 teaspoons of organic coconut oil. This helps in reducing inflammation. Coconut oil has antiviral properties that help fight various bacterial and viral infections.
- Fermented food – Just a spoonful of fermented food encourages the growth of good bacteria in your gut. This strengthens the immunity of the body. You can include fermented foods like sauerkraut, miso, kefir, curd, kimchi, homemade pickles, and kanji water in your diet.
- Licorice – Liquorice has many anti-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is considered effective in curing many viral diseases. According to experts, licorice tea can be taken in case of cold and flu.
- Paprika – Red capsicum contains three times as much vitamin C as compared to citrus fruits. Beta-carotene is found in abundance in it, which boosts immunity as well as keeps the eyes healthy.
- Keep stress away – Stress produces such a hormone in the body, which deeply affects our immune system. Therefore, it is most important to stay away from stress to increase immunity. Do regular exercise, yoga, meditation, etc. By doing this the mind remains calm and you remain stress-free.
- Get enough sleep – Due to the increasing workload, people often consume more caffeinated drinks. By doing this, sleep problems start, which causes stress. This weakens immunity. Therefore, it is necessary to get enough sleep to boost immunity. Learn More – (Foods That Boost the Immune System)