Let’s know on this article of My Health Only, How to stop snoring
Snoring is a problem that disturbs others more than the afflicted. The person who snores rarely realizes this, but the sleep of the sleeping person is completely spoiled. In such a situation, one often feels embarrassed when interrupted the next day and it may come to mind that it is very important to stop snoring. In this My Health Only article, we will talk about snoring in detail. Along with these reasons, here you will be able to know well about the treatment of snoring and the solution to stop snoring. Readers should note that the indigenous cure of snoring given in this article can help to reduce them to some extent, but if the problem is more, then get medical treatment.
Know in detail
Learn the reasons for snoring in the first part of the article.
Causes of Snoring –
Before knowing the home remedies for snoring, know its reasons. Snoring can come for many reasons, which we have explained below –
- Being overweight
- Tissue swelling from the first trimester of pregnancy
- Closed nose due to allergy or cold
- Nasal polyps (non-cancerous lump inside the nose)
- Swelling of the tissue above the mouth
- Tongue bigger than normal
- Weak muscles due to old age, sleeping pills, or alcohol consumption while sleeping.
- In some cases, it can also be caused by sleep apnea.
In the next part of the article, you will learn about the solution to stop snoring.
Snoring Remedies –
You can use the home remedies mentioned below to reduce the problem of snoring. These can help alleviate this problem to some extent. Read in detail below these snoring treatments at home.
1 – Olive oil snoring treatment
As we mentioned, sleep apnea is also involved in the cause of snoring. For this reason, Remedy can be used to treat sleep apnea, such as olive oil, to treat it. According to research published on the NCBI website, olive oil is a major part of the Mediterranean diet and this diet can be helpful in relieving sleep apnea. In addition, as we noted above, increased weight can also cause snoring. In such a situation, the Mediterranean diet can work to reduce the problem of snoring to some extent by promoting weight control. Although, how olive oil can be directly beneficial for snoring, at the moment, more research needs to be done on it.
How to use?
- Mix one teaspoon olive oil and one teaspoon honey.
- Eat it daily as a snoring medicine before going to bed at night.
- In addition, the Mediterranean Diet can also be followed.
2 – Turmeric to cure snoring
Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome is a disease in which sleepiness begins due to the slowing of the flow of breath. Snoring is considered a major symptom of sleep apnea. Anti-inflammatory foods such as turmeric can be used to treat snoring home remedies and to get relief from them. However, further research is still needed on its methodology.
How to use?
- To get relief from snoring, one can drink turmeric in warm milk every night before going to bed.
3 – Home remedies of snoring with garlic
Garlic has been used for centuries to treat many physical problems, Garlic can also be treated with the help of snoring. Garlic can be used to relieve symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, such as snoring. It is said to be helpful in relieving snoring due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
How to use ?
- To cure snoring, a garlic bud, roasted in ghee, can be chewed before bedtime or in the evening.
4 – Treat snoring with peppermint oil
Essential oil is used to treat many diseases and snoring can also be treated using it. Peppermint oil can also be used for such a problem. It is said to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which can be helpful in treating snoring in sleep. While anti-inflammatory properties can reduce tissue inflammation, antimicrobial properties can be helpful in reducing the bacteria that cause allergies. For these reasons, peppermint oil can be used to treat snoring home remedies.
How to use ?
- To treat snoring in sleep, a few drops of peppermint oil can be put on a handkerchief before sleeping every day and can be smelled for some time.
- If desired, you can also smell peppermint oil by putting it in the diffuser.
5 – Steam will cure snoring
When the nose is often blocked due to cold, the person starts breathing through the mouth, which can cause snoring problems. In such a situation, it becomes necessary to treat sleep snoring. For this, the blocked nose can be opened by taking steam from the nose. This technique is believed to be beneficial in treating the blocked nose, sleep apnea, and snoring.
How to use ?
- If you want to stop snoring, then take hot water in a large pot.
- The water should be so hot that steam is coming out of it.
- Then, put a towel over the head and steam it slowly while covering the mouth.
Read till the end
After knowing the solutions to stop snoring, let us tell you about the diet-related to it.
Snoring Avoidance –
If a person wants to stop snoring, then they should not consume the following foods –
- Junk food
- Over fried
- High carbohydrate foods such as (cakes, pastries, candy, soda, sugar syrup, etc.)
Find out the cure to stop snoring with yoga in the next part of the article.
Yoga for snoring
A research published on the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information suggests that yoga can be used to treat sleep apnea and its symptoms such as snoring. It has been reported in this research that yoga can be used instead of physiotherapy for the indigenous treatment of snoring. For this, some breathing yoga and pranayama can be done, which can be done by doing daily home remedies for snoring, such as –
1 – Bhujangasana
Method of doing:
- To take advantage of performing Bhujangasana, first of all, place yoga mats in a cool place and lie on your stomach.
- Now keep your feet taut and make some distance between the legs.
- Then bring your palms near the chest.
- Now take a deep breath and apply pressure on the palms and lift the body up to the navel.
- After lifting the body up to the navel, turn your face towards the sky.
- Try to stay in this state for some time and keep breathing normally.
- After this, slowly exhale and come to the initial state.
- Repeat this process four to five times to reduce snoring.
2 – Tadasana
Method of doing:
- To adopt the Tadasana method, first of all, place a yoga mat in an open and cool place.
- Now on this yoga mat, keep a little distance between the two legs, straighten the spine, and stand up.
- Now raise both palms together by holding them together and take them up to the head without turning from the elbow.
- After this, pushing the body upwards, stand on your toes.
- When the body is fully tanned, stay in this posture for a while.
- During this, keep breathing normally.
- After this, slowly exhale, stand back straight.
- Repeat this Yogasana 10 to 12 times.
3 – Anulom-Antonyms
Method of doing:
- Like any other yoga asana, spread your yoga mats in a clean and cool place to do the Anulom Antonyms.
- If you are able to do Padmasana, then sit in that posture, otherwise, you can also sit normally.
- During this, keep your spine straight and shoulders loose. Place your left palm on the left knee and keep the palm in the jnana mudra.
- After this, place your right-hand index finger, and middle finger between the two eyebrows.
- Place your thumb on the left nostril and the ring finger and the little finger on the right nostril.
- Now, while pressing the left nostril with the thumb, open the right nostril and breathe through it.
- After pulling the entire breath, close the right nostril with the fingers and hold the breath for two to three seconds.
- After this, press down the right nostril and exhale from the left.
- Now breathe in by the nasal nostril and stop for some time and leave it out of the midwife.
- After this, breathe in again with the nasal and repeat the whole process.
- Repeat this process about 10 to 12 times.
Keep reading articles
Know when to go to the doctor for this problem.
When to see a doctor for snoring?
You can show your doctor for snoring in the following situations –
- When the weight starts increasing a lot.
- Having problems concentrating or memory becoming weak.
- Feeling tired even after waking up in the morning.
- In the morning, if there is a headache, snoring should be treated.
- Feeling like sleep throughout the day.
- Even after treating the runny nose by yourself, there is no benefit.
Learn about some complications related to snoring in the next part of the article.
Snoring Risks and Complications –
Snoring is not a disease in itself, it is just a symptom of some other disease. Because of this, there is no complexity in itself. This can lead to some common things, such as poor sleep of the partner, feeling tired throughout the day due to lack of sleep, etc. It doesn’t have to be with everyone, due to which scientific evidence is not available in this regard. It is necessary to stop snoring due to all these common problems.
Read till the end
Below are some tips to cure sleep snoring.
Some more tips to stop snoring –
Some tips can also be taken into consideration to remedy snoring in sleep, such as –
- Do not consume alcohol to treat snoring.
- Do not consume junk food.
- Many times sleeping on a particular side also reduces the problem of snoring. At present, there is no scientific research related to this.
- Overweight is also included in its causes. In such a situation, losing weight can also be a way to stop snoring.
- Eat a balanced diet to reduce snoring.
- Do not consume cold things to cure snoring.
- Do not take too much stress and try to sleep calmly.
We have told you about the best remedies in the article to cure snoring. We hope that by reading this article you will have understood how to stop snoring and what is the medicine of snoring. If there is someone around you, whose snoring is bothering you, you can try to stop snoring at home. We hope that this will definitely benefit them and you. If you liked the way to stop snoring, don’t forget to share it with your friends.