Do you know the what causes of headache?
You will be unaware of these causes of headache
So in this article of My Health Only we will give information about the causes of headache, By knowing the headache causes, you will be able to treat it as soon as possible.
Let us tell you the what causes of headache
Headache occurs due to irritation or injury to pain-sensing structures present in the head. The structures that can feel pain may include the scalp, forehead, upper head, neck and head muscles, the head’s major arteries and nerves, the sinuses, and the tissues around the brain.
Headache can occur when there is pressure, cramps, tension, swelling or irritation in these structures. Incidents that initiate mild headache occur widely among people who have headache disease. Each person has their own different pattern.
Due to primary headache –
Primary headache is an autoimmune disease that occurs immediately due to overactivity or problems in the pain-sensing structures present in the head.
This includes blood vessels, muscles, head and neck veins. Primary headaches can also be caused by changes in chemical activity in the brain.
Causes of Secondary Headache –
Symptoms of secondary headache appear when the pain-sensory nerves present in the head are stimulated by another condition. In other words, the symptoms of headache can be attributed to some other cause.
Various factors can together cause secondary headaches. This includes –
- Alcohol hangover (excessive intoxication)
- Brain tumor
- Blood clots
- Bleeding in or around the brain
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Black cataract (glaucoma)
- Excessive intake of pain medication
- Hormonal fluctuations before, during or after menstruation
- Strain in back and neck muscles
- Feeling Hungry
- Medications (Many medications made to relieve pain can actually cause headaches when the medications is stopped after prolonged use.)
- Increased intake of alcohol, caffeine and sugar
Headaches can cause serious problems. It is important to seek the advice of a doctor if you have severe or frequent severe headaches.