You must have heard the benefits of including apples in the diet, but do you know that like red apples, green apples are also beneficial for health? Green apples are believed to have positive effects on internal health as well as skin. You must be wondering how these benefits for green apples work. You will find the answer to this question in this article on Myhealthonly. By reading this article, you will get information related to the benefits of green apples and their uses of green apples. Also at the end of the article, the side effects of green apples have also been told. Before proceeding further in the article, readers must note that green apple is not a cure for any of the problems mentioned in the article, but they can play a helpful role in reducing their effects to some extent.
Before proceeding further in the article, let us know what are the benefits of green apples for the body.
Marvelous Health Benefits Of Green Apple
There are different types of apples considered. Of course, they may vary in color and form, but they all work almost the same way in keeping us healthy. Although the nutrients present in them are almost the same, their amounts may vary slightly. One such type of apple is “Granny Smith apples”, which in common language is called green apple. Come, know in detail the benefits of green apples for health.
- Benefits of Green Apple for Liver
Many types of phytochemicals are found in apples and one of them is quercetin. It is an effective antioxidant, which may be beneficial in protecting the liver from oxidative stress and keeping it healthy. In addition, the special antioxidant properties found in apple peels may also be beneficial in protecting the liver from the risk of cancer. To reap the benefits of green apples for the liver, an apple can be eaten every morning.
- Benefits of Green Apple for Lungs
Research published on the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) has found that the consumption of fruits and vegetables can reduce the risk of lung cancer in women by 21 percent. The flavonoids present in green apples have been found to be effective in reducing this risk of lung cancer. At the same time, an inverse relationship between flavonoid intake and lung cancer has been seen in a test conducted on 10,000 men and women involved in the research. One green apple can be consumed daily to keep the lungs healthy. Keep in mind that in situations like cancer, instead of home remedies, get medical treatment.
- Benefits of Green Apple for Bones
A variety of nutrients are needed to keep bones healthy, such as calcium, protein, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. Along with these, some other minerals like copper, zinc, vitamin-A, and vitamin K also promote bone health. These nutrients are considered helpful in increasing bone mass as well as keeping bones strong. Here the benefits of green apple can be seen, as it is enriched with all the nutrients mentioned above. On this basis, it can be said that the use of green apples can help in keeping bones healthy.
- Helpful in Weight Loss
Apples can be consumed as a weight loss remedy. The polyphenols present in it work behind this function of the apple. These polyphenols exhibit anti-obesity properties and help control weight by reducing free radicals and fat tissue from the body. At the moment, more research is needed to know the better effects of green apples on weight control.
- Benefits of Green Apple for Skin
Talking about the use of raw green apple, not only the pulp of its fruit, but the peel can also be beneficial for the skin. Actually, the tannin present in it is not only a good antioxidant, but it also acts as an effective astringent for the skin. Astringents help in shrinking the pores of the skin. Along with this, the use of green apple peel can be helpful in controlling the secretion of sebum from the skin. Green apples can be used in the ways mentioned below as a way to keep the skin healthy.
- Two to three green apple peels
- Buttermilk (as needed)
- Dry the apple peels in the sun.
- When they are dry, grind them to make powder.
- Now take this powder in a bowl and make a paste by adding buttermilk as needed.
- Apply this paste to the face with the help of a brush or fingers.
- Wash the face with cold water after about 15 to 20 minutes.
Apart from this, green apple pulp can also be used for the skin.
- Half a green apple (chopped)
- Half teaspoon honey
- A spoonful of curd
- Put green apples in a blender and make a paste.
- Now take out this paste in a bowl and add both the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- After this, apply this paste to the face and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes wash the face with lukewarm water.
- Finally, pat dry with a towel and apply moisturizer.
Know about the nutrients present in green apples in the next part of the article.
Green Apple Nutritional Value
Know about the nutrients present in green apples with the help of the table given below.
Know about the use of green apples in the next part of the article.
Green Apple Uses
How To Use :
- One whole green apple can be consumed every morning.
- You can also drink apple juice after extracting it.
- You can eat small pieces of green apple mixed with oatmeal and dry fruits.
- A smoothie can be made by adding papaya, orange and green apple to milk.
- You can eat grapefruit, green apple, and dry fruits (walnuts and almonds) in a bowl.
When and how much to use :
One green apple can be consumed in the morning for breakfast.
In the last part of this article, know whether there can be side effects of green apples as well.
Side Effects Of Green Apple
In some cases, the use of green apples may cause the following side effects –
- Oral allergy syndrome (swelling and itching of the lips, tongue, and throat)
- Hay fever (a type of allergy in which the eyes and nose are itchy and watery)
- Along with this, there is not much research available on whether or not green apples can cause harm when consumed during pregnancy. Therefore, during this time, be sure to consult a doctor before using green apples.
After reading this article completely, you must have become well acquainted with the benefits of green apples. Along with the benefits, now you must have got the information related to the use of green apple and you must have understood in what quantity it can be used. There can also be side effects of green apples due to uncontrolled use, which we have also told in this article. So what’s the delay, include it in your diet from today itself and take benefits of it.