Do you know the amazing ginseng benefits?
You will be unaware of these surprising benefits of ginseng
Let us tell you incredible benefits of ginseng after that you will know why you should use ginseng
Table of Contents
Ginseng has been in popular practice in Ayurveda for thousands of years. It is a medicinal plant, which is used for the treatment of many serious diseases. This plant has its qualities, which makes it better and more prevalent in medicine than any other herbs. It is said that this medicine is so effective and infallible that today it is used regularly by millions of people. The benefits of ginseng are believed to be countless. It has amazing ability to strengthen the body’s immune system and to combat many infections like flu. In this article of My Health Only, we will learn about many such qualities and miraculous benefits of ginseng.
Also read below
Before knowing about the benefits of ginseng, it is necessary that we get to know about ginseng a little more thoroughly.
What is ginseng? –
First of all we will know in the article what is ginseng. Explain that the root of the plant named genus panax is called ginseng. It tastes bitter and spicy. This plant belongs to the Araliaceae family. It is said that around 11 species of ginseng exist in the world. Talking about the type, there are mainly five types of ginseng, which are known as Asian ginseng, American ginseng, Siberian ginseng, Indian ginseng and Brazilian ginseng.
In the following article we will discuss all types of ginseng in detail.
Types of Ginseng –
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, ginseng is divided into about 11 parts based on species. Come, let’s get to know them a little better.
- Oriental Ginseng – Oriental ginseng is also known as Panax ginseng. This type of ginseng originally belongs to China and Korea. It is said to have been found in large quantities centuries ago. It is said that due to its popularity it had almost reached the verge of extinction. Later its method of production was discovered. Today it is a type of ginseng easily available.
- Wild Oriental Ginseng – This is a rare type of ginseng, which is not easily found. Emperor Shoangte is said to have sent over 3,000 soldiers in search of this herb in 221 BC. This type of ginseng is so rare that about 28 grams of wild oriental ginseng costs more than about 13 lakh rupees.
- Cultivated Oriental Ginseng – This is a common type of ginseng, which is easily available. It is cultivated and grown. Because of this, its merchandise is sold at cheap prices all over America.
- White Ginseng – This type of ginseng is called as White Ginseng due to its completely natural color. When ginseng is dried after cutting and washing, it takes on a ruddy white color and this is its identity.
- Red Ginseng – This is the type of ginseng that is passed through steam and heat for long-term preservation. This causes it to turn red. It is claimed that red ginseng is more effective than white ginseng.
- American ginseng – This type of ginseng is found especially in the forests present in the Appalachian mountain region.
- Wild American Ginseng – This type of ginseng is produced on its own. It is more commonly found in American forests, Where the strong wood of trees remains in the shadow.
- Woods-Grown American Ginseng – Natural environment is used to grow this type of ginseng. They are grown only in the forests. For better results, separate soil is brought and poured to the cultivated area.
- Cultivated American Ginseng – This type of ginseng is cultivated in artificial sheds. The shadow of trees is used for growing them. Let me tell you that this type of ginseng cultivation is very famous in Canada.
- Siberian ginseng – A type of ginseng that is not really ginseng. It is available in the market only in the name of ginseng. This plant is similar to ginseng. It contains adaptogenic properties such as ginseng. Also it is much cheaper than normal ginseng.
- Wild Red American (desserts) Ginseng – This is a native American plant. It is called Canaigre or Rumex. Its improper use can prove to be poisonous and deadly.
After becoming well aware of the types, we will try to know the benefits of ginseng in a further article.
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Ginseng –
Ginseng being an Ayurvedic herb can give many benefits to the body, including:
- Improve energy levels
According to a scientific research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), Ginseng can serve as an excellent energy booster. The nutrients found in it can transmit energy in the body by removing disorders like fatigue. Therefore, it can be used for physical and mental improvement of people in whom lack of energy leads to feeling of lifelessness. Very few scientific studies have been done in this regard, so in case of physical weakness, please consult the doctor before taking it.
- Beneficial in cancer
Cancer problem can be avoided with the use of ginseng. Also it can work to relieve some symptoms of cancer. A scientific research related to this has given that its use can relieve fatigue caused by cancer. This scientific research is available on the NCBI site. At the same time, according to a scientific research, ginseng has anti-cancer properties, which can protect against cancer. Also, there is no exact cure for ginseng cancer. Therefore, if someone has cancer, then get a medical treatment.
- Helpful in weight loss
Ginseng can also be used for weight loss. It has anti-obesity properties. Experts say that ginseng can strengthen the digestive system in the body. Also, it does not allow excess fat to grow on the body and proves beneficial in weight loss. In such a situation, it can be said that the benefits of ginseng can be to reduce weight.
- Get relief in diabetes
Consuming 3 grams of ginseng two hours before a meal can control the amount of blood sugar that rises in a type 2 diabetes patient after a meal. At the same time, in some cases it has also been found that consuming ginseng before meals does not make any difference. Experts, on the other hand, believe that the effects of different ginseng products may vary. The reason for this is the chemicals found in them, called ginsenosides.
- Improvement in sexual dysfunction
According to a medical research published on the NCBI website, the quality of ginseng can prove to be helpful in sexual dysfunction. Therefore, it is also called herbal Viagra. Explain that ginsenosides are present in it, which can promote blood flow to the penis by increasing the level of nitric oxide. May also induce libido. At the same time, some research also provides evidence that ginseng can also be used to speed up testosterone (male enhancement hormone) levels in men.
- Development of mental capacity
According to the researchers, the use of ginseng can boost brain capacity in humans. At the same time, a research has found that with its help, the symptoms of Alzheimer’s, i.e. memory loss, can also be improved to a great extent. This is why ginseng can have benefits for mental development.
- Relieves stress
The benefits of ginseng can also be for stress relief. In a research conducted in this regard, researchers found that it can increase the development of brain capacity by reducing stress. Therefore, it can be said that it can also be used as a home remedy for stress.
- Helpful in increasing immunity
In research conducted on ginseng published on the NCBI website, researchers have also found that its use can prove effective in getting rid of many infectious diseases. Actually, ginseng has immunostimulatory effects, which can act as resistance boosters. This can boost the body’s immunity to fight against viruses that spread infectious diseases.
- Old age goes away
A specialty in the quality of ginseng is that it is known as an anti-aging medicine. According to a scientific research in this regard, ginseng has anti-aging effects, which can reduce the signs of aging. This can make the skin look younger even after aging. Also, the anti-inflammatory properties of ginseng can prove to be very effective on skin disorders such as wrinkles, scars and lifeless skin. Its use can prove to be a better means of getting healthy and glowing skin.
- Able to fight inflammation
The benefits of ginseng include a miraculous advantage that it can help reduce inflammation. According to experts, compounds found in red ginseng have anti-inflammatory properties, which can relieve the problem of inflammation.
- Lung function
Many lung problems can be a kind of inflammatory disorder, from which ginseng can be helpful in getting rid of. Actually, it has ginsenoside properties, which can work as anti-inflammatory. This can provide relief from the problem of lungs.
- Effective in menstrual problems
Red ginseng can prove to be a better Ayurvedic treatment for stress and abdominal pain in women during menstruation. During the scientific research conducted in this regard, experts found that the quality of ginseng is so special that its use can also give relief to women during menstruation. At the same time, no negative effects were seen during the research.
- Take care of hair
The special compounds found in ginseng can be helpful in hair growth and maintaining healthy scalp. Ginsenosides found in ginseng prevent hair fall and can strengthen their roots. According to experts, ginseng’s immune system-enhancing properties can prove to be helpful in maintaining hair health.
Ginseng is such an ayurvedic herb, whose intake can keep the body healthy. Not only this, the benefits of ginseng can be many, which we have mentioned in the article above. Yes, if someone is struggling with a serious problem, then it is necessary to consult a doctor before consuming it. We hope that all the information given in this article will work for you. You can read our other articles to know more about similar herbs.