What is coronavirus? – Symptoms, Treatment and Remedies
The problem that is being discussed all over the country is the coronavirus. The virus has engulfed more than 195 countries. The virus, which affects more than 802,831 lakh people, is spreading rapidly. Today every citizen of the world is waiting for this virus vaccine, but in the meantime, it is also necessary to know how to prevent it. While the government is requesting people to stay in their homes, there are many rumors about the coronavirus. Keeping these things in mind, we are trying to make the Coronavirus aware through this special article of My Health Only. In this article, readers will get important information like what is coronavirus, how it spreads, its symptoms, and ways to avoid coronavirus.
Read in detail below
Coronavirus – Symptoms, Treatment and Remedies
1. What is Corona virus?
The coronavirus is a family or group of different types of viruses that cause disease in humans. These include common cold to severe respiratory problems such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome – MERS-CoV and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-SAR-CoV.
At the same time, if we talk about Novel 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19), then it came out from Wuhan city of China in late 2019. The virus is officially named the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). It has been identified as the 7th member of the coronavirus, affecting humans. This new virus is spreading person-to-person in 195 countries and regions, There, more than 39,020 thousand people have died due to this virus, while millions of people are vulnerable.
Now we know where the corona virus originated from.
2. Where did Corona virus originate?
One thing has struck the minds of people that the coronavirus has come from China, but many people do not know where the coronavirus came from in China? So let us say that coronavirus is common in both humans and animals. However, there is a large group of animals known as sources of coronavirus. For example, Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SAR-CoV) can occur from civet cats, ie cats, and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) in humans. While the animal-generated coronavirus rarely affects humans, the coronavirus affecting animals has also emerged as a new virus infecting humans, such as the novel coronavirus-2019.
3. How does the coronavirus spread and is it contagious?
There is no doubt that the coronavirus is an infectious disease. If it talks about its spread, then it can be easily spread by the following methods –
From one person to another
- A healthy person can also be infected with this virus by coming in contact with an infected person.
- When an infected person coughs or sneezes, small droplets come out of his mouth and nose, which can also infect the person sitting near the infected person through the mouth, nose, or breath.
Coronavirus can also be spread by contact with contaminated surfaces or objects. Even if a person has touched an object or a surface contaminated with the coronavirus, this virus can make the person a victim.
To be understood in easy terms, if the corona virus-infected person has touched something like – table, chair, stairs railing, door handle, etc., then there may be signs of coronavirus. In such a situation, if a healthy person touches the same object and then hands it to his mouth, nose, eyes, or face, then this virus can easily enter inside the person.
Apart from this, it can remain alive for a long time on clothes, smartphones, and even on watch. However, this is not the main way of spreading the virus, but it is definitely a risk factor.
Apart from all this, there is another main question which can come in the mind of the people,
Can anyone spread this virus without getting sick?
The virus is most commonly spread by those with its symptoms. However, with this new coronavirus, there are also reports that people who come in contact with them have been affected by it even without seeing any symptoms.
Does this virus spread by eating?
Many people are avoiding eating outside, non-veg and Chinese. People believe that this type of food can also spread the virus, but so far no scientific research has confirmed that this type of food can spread it. As we also mentioned above, it can happen from an infected person to a healthy person, so if a healthy person ate the food eaten by or with an infected person, then it can also become infected.
Note: This virus can spread rapidly not only from one person to another, but also from one group to another.
Read below how many days the effect of the virus occurs.
4. In how many days the virus can show effect?
Symptoms can come within 2 to 14 days of exposure to this virus.
Now it is the turn to know one of the most important information of Coronavirus i.e. symptoms of corona virus.
5. What are the symptoms of corona virus?
Many people may be wondering when the Coronavirus should be examined. After all, what are the symptoms of coronavirus? These symptoms may appear 2–14 days after exposure to the virus, which is as follows –
- Respiratory distress
- If someone’s condition is very serious, they may also show symptoms like pneumonia.
Note: As of now, if someone has returned from international travel or has traveled anywhere where people are infected with the coronavirus, see a doctor immediately. Apart from this, if any of the above-mentioned symptoms are seen, then seek medical advice without delay.
6. How is the coronavirus diagnosed?
There is no specific test kit available specifically for the coronavirus yet. Therefore, it is currently being diagnosed in the following ways –
Symptomatic test – This means that doctors are diagnosing it on the basis of symptoms seen in the patient, such as cold cough, and fever.
Depending on the journey – if a coronavirus has come from an infected country or city, its body temperature is being tested and estimated.
Contact with an infected person – If a person has come in contact with a corona infected person, it is being investigated on that basis.
A blood test or mucus test – If a person shows signs of a cold, cold, or fever, then his blood or mucus samples are being sent to the lab for examination. Then the treatment of the patient depends on the lab report.
Along with the treatment of coronavirus, it is also important to know how to avoid coronavirus.
7. How to avoid corona virus?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the best way to overcome this virus is to follow some common, but main, ways to avoid it. These measures are as follows –
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Especially after coughing, before eating, after using the washroom, and after touching the animals. Wash your hands as often as you can.
- Use an alcoholic hand sanitizer. Especially, containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth after coming out or repeatedly.
- After coming from outside, immediately change clothes and wash hands and mouth thoroughly.
- Wash clothes by adding antiseptic liquid to the water.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from the infected person.
- Avoid going to public functions. Stay at home as much as possible.
- Whenever a sneeze or cough comes, cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper and immediately put that tissue in the dustbin.
- Keep your items clean, which people use most, and clean them with antiseptic liquid.
- Wash vegetables and meat-fish well before cooking, and wash your hands thoroughly after touching raw meat.
- Use different chopping boards and utensils for meat fishes.
8. How to wash hands thoroughly
According to the CDC, regular hand washing can prevent various diseases from spreading. 5 easy tips to wash hands thoroughly are as follows –
- First, wet the hands with water.
- After applying soap, rub your hands together and rub the fingers, palms, and back of your hands.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Then wash hands thoroughly.
- After that rinse well with warm water.
- Wash the mouth with a face wash or soap.
- Then wipe the mouth and hands with a clean and soft towel.
- If someone has traveled to a Corona-infected country or state, stay home for 15 days after returning.
- Do not travel by public vehicles.
- If a person feels mild symptoms of corona in themselves, contact a doctor immediately.
9. What precautions should be taken for those who have come in contact with persons with symptoms of corona virus?
According to the CDC and WHO (World Health Organization), if a person has come in contact with a corona-affected patient, they should follow the precautions outlined below.
- Pay attention to your health.
- Pay attention to the symptoms seen in the body and changes in health.
- The person should stay in a separate room away from the other members of the house and if possible, use a separate bathroom.
- Prevent anyone from outside coming home as much as possible.
- Keep pets away around the patient.
- Take care of cleanliness.
- Keep the floor and other household items disinfected.
- Wear disposable masks and gloves and throw them in the dustbin after use.
- Whoever stays with the patient, also uses masks and gloves.
- Avoid sharing household items with the patient.
- Change the bedsheet regularly.
Note: Along with all these, take the advice of a doctor or specialist.
10. Is corona virus treatment available?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, coronavirus treatment is not available yet. Coronavirus patients should start caring for them immediately before symptoms of coronavirus become severe. If anyone thinks there is a coronavirus, contact a doctor immediately.
- Isolation to the patient as immediate treatment. That is to be kept away from other people.
- In severe cases, the patient may be placed on a ventilator (a machine that aids breathing).
Coronavirus can be cured in how many days, read below.
11. How long can it take to recover from the corona virus?
Most individuals with coronavirus can recover within 2 to 3 weeks, but this duration depends on each person’s immunity. People who have weak immune power or who have other serious health problems such as diabetes, pneumonia and lung problems may take months to recover. Even such a person can die.
12. Can corona virus be eliminated by heat?
The coronavirus can survive for a few hours and even a few days on various things, as noted above. Some researchers say that the survival period of the virus may be shorter during summer, but there is no scientific evidence yet on how heat can affect the virus.
13. Can wearing a mask prevent the corona virus?
Ever since the talk of coronavirus spread all over the country, people have started competing to buy masks. Taking advantage of this, shopkeepers are selling masks at expensive prices, but in this sale, no one has noticed whether masks can protect against coronavirus. According to the CDC, healthy people are not advised to wear masks as a way to avoid the coronavirus. If a person is not infected, he is not required to wear a mask. Yes, one needs to wear a mask only if one has to take care of the infected person. The infected person only needs to wear a face mask so that a healthy person can avoid this infection. The purpose of face masks is to protect others from the disease.
There is more information right now
14. What is the correct way to apply mask?
- Before applying the mask, clean your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Then cover your nose and mouth with a mask.
- Then check the mask thoroughly to see if there is any gap between the face and the mask after wearing the mask.
- Do not reuse masks once used.
15. What is the current mortality rate of coronavirus?
The World Health Organization has projected a 3.4% mortality rate by 3 March 2020.
16. Is corona virus risk higher in children?
At the moment, there is no evidence that the risk of the virus is higher in children. Most of the cases confirmed so far are of adults. Very few children have been reported to have coronavirus. However, it is better to pay more attention to children as a precaution and take full care of cleanliness.
17. Which age group is more at risk of coronavirus?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there is a higher risk of coronavirus among middle-aged people. There are very few cases of coronavirus, which has been found in children under 10 years of age.
18. Am I at Risk of Corona Virus?
The CDC has specified the following risk categories:
- High Risk – If a person has returned from traveling to Hubei (China), Iraq, and Italy or if someone has come in contact with an infected person.
- Medium risk – travelers from other small countries where the coronavirus is spread.
- Low Risk – Children under 10 years of age.
We hope that by knowing the answers to the questions given in this article, readers will have got a lot of information about the coronavirus. Focus on ways to avoid the coronavirus and incorporate them into your everyday habits. These measures will not only protect against corona but will also keep you away from other diseases. In addition, if anyone sees symptoms of coronavirus in or around someone, contact a doctor immediately. Do not ignore it and do not be afraid at all. Symptoms can be reduced by identifying the symptoms in time and treating the coronavirus. Also, it can be prevented from spreading. All that is needed is awareness, so this is what we will say ‘Don’t be afraid of the corona, face it firmly.’