In today’s time, people have become so busy with their work that they do not pay attention to health at all. Due to this many health problems occur, due to which the whole lifestyle starts getting affected. In such a situation, it is most important to include yoga and exercise in the routine to stay healthy. The benefits of different types of exercises and yoga are different, so in this article on Myhealthonly, we will talk about bridge exercises. Here you will know the benefits of bridge exercises as well as how to do bridge exercises.
First of all, know what is the bridge exercise.
What is Bridge Exercise?
The bridge exercise is also known as Setubandhasana and Bridge Asana. Setubandh means bridge, that is, the construction of a bridge. Actually, during this yoga asana and exercise, the shape of the body looks like a bridge. That is why it is called Setubandhasana. It is also called Katuspadasana.
According to a study, the bridge exercise strengthens the muscles of the waist. Along with this, it also helps in establishing control over the body. It is especially suggested to people suffering from back pain problems.
Come, now know the benefits of bridge exercises.
Effective Benefits of Bridge Exercise
The benefits of bridge exercises can be seen in many health problems, which we are going to tell in detail below.
- Menopause and Menstrual Pain
One of the benefits of bridge exercises is to relieve the symptoms of menopause. This is also mentioned in a study published in the International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development. Research has found that bridge exercises can reduce menstrual pain and menopausal symptoms. Along with this, this asana is also considered very beneficial for pregnant women.
- Stress Relief
Bridge exercises can relieve the stress of both the body and the mind. In a research paper related to this, it has been told that this asana generates tension in the body. This helps to relieve tension, especially in the back. At the same time, it can reduce problems like depression, stress and anxiety by calming the brain. In such a situation, it can be believed that there are benefits of bridge exercises in relieving stress.
- Relieve Constipation
By doing bridge exercises, the problem of constipation can be relieved. According to the study, by doing this asana, there is a stretch in the abdominal organs, which can improve digestion and get rid of the problem of constipation. According to other studies, this asana massages the digestive organs, which can improve digestion. Based on these facts, it can be believed that bridge exercise can get rid of the problem of constipation.
- Helpful in Acidity
Bridge exercise can improve the digestive system along with relieving constipation. On this basis, it can be said that due to the improvement of the digestive system, this asana can also be helpful in relieving the problem of acidity.
Now know what is the way to do the bridge exercise.
How To Do Bridge Exercise
Below we are going to tell you how to do step by step bridge exercise. Let’s know:
- First of all, lie down on your back by lying on a yoga mat.
- Then keep the hands straight on both sides of the body and spread the palms on the ground.
- Now bend your knees and place your feet on the floor. During this, the ankle and knee will be in a straight line.
- Now raise the back and buttocks and keep the balance of the body with the shoulders and legs.
- During this, the hands will be in the line of the body.
- Stay in this posture for at least a minute and keep breathing slowly.
- Then exhale and come back to the normal position.
Read till the end
Next, understand what things should be kept in mind to do the bridge exercise.
Bridge Exercise Precautions
Here we are going to tell some precautions, which are necessary to keep in mind while doing the bridge exercise:
- A person suffering from a neck injury should avoid doing this asana completely.
- Pregnant women should do this asana in the third trimester only under the advice of a doctor and under the supervision of a yoga expert.
- This asana should be done when the intestines and stomach are completely empty.
- Eat food for about four to six hours before doing this asana.
- A person suffering from an ulcer, hernia, and in advanced stages of pregnancy should not practice this asana.
Exercising is beneficial for health, so the benefits of bridge exercises are also for the body. Here we have explained in detail how many benefits of bridge exercise can be to the body. Just to get these benefits, it is important to have the right way of doing bridge exercises. We have explained the information and precautions related to this in detail above. Keeping these in mind, do this exercise only.