Who does not like an attractive and spotless face and for this people also make many efforts? Some get surgery, while some resort to expensive medical treatment. But, do you know that in Ayurveda there are many ways to improve the skin and make the face beautiful. One of them is the use of betel leaves for the skin. In this article of My Health Only, we are telling the benefits and uses of betel leaves for the skin. Also, you will know how betel leaves are beneficial for the skin.
First of all, in the article, we will tell how the benefits of betel leaves can be for the skin.
Why are betel leaves beneficial for your skin?
The use of betel leaves has also been found beneficial in skin-related problems. According to research, people in rural areas apply fresh juice of betel leaves to heal skin wounds, cuts, and rashes. Along with the problem of itching, betel leaves have also been found to be effective in the problem of burning, pimples, pain, and bleeding.
Research has further confirmed that a cream made from betel leaf extract can also be beneficial in skin-related problems. On this basis, we can say that the use of betel leaves for the skin can be beneficial to a great extent. To know other betel leaf benefits, read the article further.
Keep reading article
Here we are telling in detail the benefits of betel leaves for the skin.
Awesome Benefits of Betel Leaves for Skin –
The many medicinal and natural properties present in betel leaves make them beneficial for the skin. We will know below how the benefits of betel leaves can be for the skin.
- Anti Aging Effect
With aging, its effect also starts showing on the skin. Due to the aging process, the elasticity of the skin starts to suffer, due to which the skin becomes wrinkled. Betel leaf can be beneficial in this problem. According to Indonesian research, betel leaf extract has antiaging effects. This effect can reduce the effect on the skin due to the problem of aging.
- Reduce Acne
Acne is caused by bacteria. They are caused by the growth of the bacterium Propionibacterium acnes. Pimples are small bumps on the surface of the skin, which may contain pus, itching, and slight pain. Betel leaves can be used to reduce this problem. According to research, betel leaf extract has an anti-bacterial effect. It can reduce the bacteria that cause and increase acne.
- Dark Spots
The use of betel leaves can also be beneficial to reduce the dark spots on the skin. According to research on this, the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effect of betel leaves can help in lightening the dark spots formed due to wounds.
Additionally, betel leaf extract may have a skin lightening effect, which is why it is used as an ingredient in skin lightening creams. It can also be said on this basis that betel leaf can reduce the dark spots of the skin.
- Skin Disease
The use of betel leaves can also be beneficial in skin diseases. As mentioned above, due to the medicinal properties present in betel leaves, it is used in the problem of itching, burning, pimples, and pain. Also, betel leaves can be considered effective for healing wounds, cuts, and rashes.
- In the problem of rashes
If someone is suffering from the problem of rashes, then betel leaves can be used to reduce the problem. Actually, betel leaves have anti-microbial and antiseptic effects. These effects found in betel leaves can prove to be effective not only on the problem of rashes. For this, boil 10 leaves and add them to the bath water daily.
Betel leaves have many medicinal properties, which can be beneficial for the skin in many ways. One of them is the anti-inflammatory effect, which is due to the flavonoids and polyphenols present in the betel leaf extract. This effect has been considered beneficial in the problem of inflammation due to acne as well as general inflammation.
- Skin Whitening Effect
The use of betel leaves can also be beneficial for spotless and glowing skin. Actually, research has found that betel leaves have a skin-lightening effect. This can help in improving the complexion of the skin as well as making it glowing and spotless.
After the benefits of betel leaves for skin, know how to use betel leaves for skin.
Uses of betel leaves for skin –
Betel leaves can be used in many ways for the skin. Here we are telling about the use of betel leaves.
- Make a smooth paste by grinding a handful of betel leaves and apply it to your skin. Leave it on the skin for a few minutes and then wash off with normal water. This remedy can be a surefire way to make the skin glow.
- Applying a decoction of betel leaves can provide great relief in many problems. Boil 10 betel leaves, when the water becomes lukewarm, add it to your bath water or apply it directly on the itchy and swollen area.
- Betel leaves can be used for acne. Take some betel leaves and grind them to make a smooth paste. Then add a pinch of turmeric powder to it and apply it to your face. Once it dries, wash the face and pat it dry with a soft towel.
- All that has to be done for the face pack is to prepare a paste from some fresh betel leaves and one spoon of gram flour, two spoons of Multani-mitti. Now apply this face pack and leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Boil five to six betel leaves in a cup of water and filter them when the color turns green. When it cools down, you can wash the face with it. Also, fill it in a spray bottle and use it as a toner after cleansing the face.
Read more about something special
Before using betel leaves, it is important to keep some things in mind. Here we are talking about them.
Precautions to be taken before using betel leaves for skin –
The use of betel leaves is beneficial for the skin, but before applying it, keep some things in mind.
- Those with sensitive skin should do a patch test before using it.
- If you have applied a face pack of betel leaves, then definitely apply a cream that provides moisture to the skin.
- Use fresh betel leaves for the skin.
- Do not use it in case of allergy.
- If any kind of negative effect is seen after applying betel leaf, then show the doctor immediately.
In this part of the article, we are telling you the side effects of betel leaves on the skin.
Side Effects of Betel Leaves for Skin –
The use of betel leaves for the skin is beneficial, but in some cases, the use of betel leaves can prove to be harmful. Here we are telling about them.
- It may be itchy for those with sensitive skin.
- Some people may also have problems with allergies to betel leaves.
- When betel leaves are used, it can reduce dark spots as well as cause spots to increase.
Everyone wants to have clear and glowing skin. Betel leaf can be used to get this. Here we have explained in detail how to use betel leaves for glowing skin. It can be included in the skincare routine to get the benefits of betel leaves for the skin. Just keep in mind the precautions to be taken before using betel leaves for the skin.