Everyone likes to eat fruits, but everyone’s interest in fruits can be different. Some people like apples, while some people like the taste of oranges. At the same time, there are some people who are more attracted to sour-sweet fruits. Aloo bukhara are included in such fruits. Not only taste but many medicinal properties are also hidden in this fruit. In this article of Myhealthonly, we will tell you in detail about the uses and benefits of nutritious aloo bukhara.
Before knowing the benefits of aloo bukhara, it is important to know what is aloo bukhara after all?
What is Aloo Bukhara –
The sour-sweet aloo bukhara in taste is the fruit of the rose family (Rosaceae). In English, it is known as plum. The aloo bukhara resembles a tomato and is purple or red in color. Usually, aloo bukhara are available in the market from May to October. Some of its common varieties include black aloo bukhara.
Aloo bukhara fruit is rich in many important nutrients, whose properties we are going to discuss below. Keep reading this article to know the benefits of Aloo Bukhara.
11 Tremendous Health Benefits of Aloo Bukhara
- Heart Health
Aloo Bukhara can control high blood pressure (hypertension), thereby protecting the heart. According to a study, blood pressure levels were found to be lower in people who consumed dried aloo bukhara and their juice. This study suggests that the consumption of aloo bukhara can prove to be helpful in preventing heart diseases. In fact, high blood pressure puts pressure on blood vessels, which can increase the risk of heart disease.
Apart from this, the consumption of dried Aloo Bukhara can be helpful in preventing atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is a condition in which fat, cholesterol, and plaque build-up in the artery walls. They can cause blood clots and heart problems by affecting your blood flow.
Aloo Bukhara fruit is rich in fiber, so it can be considered helpful in treating constipation. Also, according to scientific research, the phenolic compound present in dried Aloo Bukhara can help to overcome problems in bowel movements.
Not only Aloo Bukhara, but the benefits of dried Aloo Bukhara are also many. Such elements are found in both of them, which are helpful in fighting cancer. Aloo Bukhara extract also reduces the risk of breast cancer. At the same time, according to scientific research, the fiber and polyphenols present in dried Aloo Bukhara can prove helpful in reducing the risk factors of colon cancer. However, research is needed on this.
Bioactive compounds present in dried Aloo Bukhara can reduce the risk of diabetes. Despite being sweet in taste, dried Aloo Bukhara does not work to increase blood sugar. You can eat dried Aloo Bukhara as a snack for diabetes.
- Bone Health
Bone health is also included in the benefits of Aloo Bukhara. According to a study, eating 100 grams of aloo bukhara or dried Aloo Bukhara daily can remove the factors that weaken the bones. In addition, it also improves bone mineral density.
Consuming aloo bukhara can also help in lowering cholesterol. Its regular consumption can reduce the bad cholesterol LDL. Actually, Aloo Bukhara fruit is rich in fiber, due to which it can work to control the level of cholesterol in the body.
- Helpful in Weight Loss
Aloo Bukhara fruit is also helpful in reducing obesity. Actually, very few calories are found in Aloo Bukhara. Because of this fruit can prove to be helpful in controlling weight. At the same time, due to being rich in fiber, Aloo Bukhara fruit is also considered beneficial in reducing weight.
- Eye Health
The properties of Aloo Bukhara also include taking care of the health of the eyes. This fruit contains Vitamin-C and Vitamin-E. Both these nutrients can prove to be helpful in relieving the problem of diminishing eyesight with age. However, further research is needed on whether these nutrients are helpful in the prevention of cataracts. Both dried Aloo Bukhara and Aloo Bukhara fruit can be used for eye health.
Vitamin A present in aloo bukhara fruit is considered important for the immune system. Along with this, the vitamin C found in it is helpful in repairing and developing the tissues present in the body. At the same time, according to a study conducted on aloo bukhara, aloo bukhara may have immunity-boosting properties. The ability to fight disease was found to increase after adding aloo bukhara to the diet.
- Brain Health
The polyphenol compound present in aloo bukhara may improve brain health. It also reduces the risk of brain diseases by lowering the cholesterol level of the brain. According to a study conducted on aloo bukhara, prune juice can be helpful in removing the decline in brain function with increasing age. Aloo bukhara fruit contains more phenolic compounds.
Aloo bukhara are rich in vitamin-A, vitamin-C, carotenoids, and polyphenols. All of these act like antioxidants in aloo bukhara. Actually, the lack of antioxidants increases the risk of free radicals in the body, which harm our body. Explain that free radicals can damage the natural lens of your eyes, which can also lead to blindness. In addition, swelling of the joints (arthritis) may occur. In addition, they can also cause brain problems and heart disease. Therefore, by eating prunes rich in antioxidants, we can protect the body from many serious diseases. Along with this, potassium-rich aloo bukhara can maintain electrolytes balance in the body.
After knowing the benefits of aloo bukhara, let’s talk about the nutrients present in it.
Nutritious Elements of Aloo Bukhara –
Aloo bukhara fruit can also be called a treasure of nutritional value. See below, the amount of nutrients are found per 100 grams of aloo bukhara.
In the next part of the article, we are telling what is the difference between aloo bukhara and dried aloo bukhara.
What is the difference between aloo bukhara and dried aloo bukhara?
Aloo bukhara is full of juicy pulp. When this fruit is dried, it is called dry aloo bukhara, which comes under the category of nuts. Let us know in detail below, the difference between the two-
- Aloo bukhara is a fruit with a kernel, which is full of soft pulp. On the other hand, dried aloo bukhara are sticky.
- Aloo bukhara fruit is available in the market from May to October, but dry aloo bukhara is available throughout the year.
- Dried aloo bukhara is sweeter than the fruit.
- Dried prunes have a higher calorie and carbohydrate content than fresh prunes, although both are nutritious.
- The amount of vitamin C in aloo bukhara is high, while the amount of vitamin C in dried aloo bukhara is low.
- Aloo bukhara fruit has high water content. While the water content per 100 grams of fruit is 87.23g, it decreases to 30.92g in dried aloo bukhara.
- The amount of fiber in dried aloo bukhara is found to be higher than in aloo bukhara. Because of this, prunes are more commonly used to relieve constipation.
- Come, now let us know how aloo bukhara can be used.
- Use of Aloo Bukhara –
There are many ways to use aloo bukhara, but before that you should buy aloo bukhara that are solid, juicy, and unmarked.
- You can eat prunes by adding them to oatmeal, salads, yogurt, smoothies and puddings.
- You can also use both prunes and dried aloo bukhara as a pizza topping.
- Aloo bukhara can also be used in muffins, breads and other desserts.
- You can also make sour-sweet chutney of aloo bukhara.
- You can also drink its juice by making it.
- You can also use dried aloo bukhara for topping ice cream and cakes.
- Dried aloo bukhara can also be eaten directly as a snack.
Come, now let us also tell you about the recipe of Aloo Bukhara Chutney, which is made instantly.
Aloo Bukhara Sauce
- 250 grams chopped aloo bukhara
- 4 tbsp chopped almonds
- Tsp red chili powder
- 20 grams grated ginger
- Two tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Some mint leaves for garnishing
- First wash the aloo bukhara.
- Then soak the aloo bukhara in water for a few hours.
- After this, take out the kernels of the aloo bukhara and cut them into pieces.
- Now put aloo bukhara, salt and ginger in a pan and cook till it becomes a thick paste.
- Lastly add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Take, aloo bukhara chutney is ready. After it cools down, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
You can eat this delicious chutney with parathas, aloo tikkis, or pakodas. Apart from this, it can also be served with snacks. At the same time, this chutney can be used as a jam on bread.
Nutritious fruits like aloo bukhara can also be harmful to you. Come, know the side effects of aloo bukhara.
Side Effects of Aloo Bukhara –
Although there is no harm to nutritious aloo bukhara, you should not consume it in excessive quantity. Also, before consuming it, it is also important to know whether you are allergic to it.
- Aloo bukhara have laxatives (natural properties of cleansing the stomach). Therefore, excessive consumption of it can also lead to diarrhea.
- Excessive consumption of dried aloo bukhara can cause gas problems.
- Potassium is found in abundance in aloo bukhara. Its excessive consumption can increase the amount of potassium in the body, i.e. hyperkalemia. This can cause chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea, and vomiting.
Now you have already known the benefits of aloo bukhara which are rich in nutritious elements. Now you can take the hidden health benefits of it by including it in your diet, but consume it in moderation, as excessive consumption can cause the side effects of aloo bukhara mentioned in the article. In such a situation, consume it in a balanced quantity and stay healthy. Stay tuned to Myhealthonly to read more such articles.