Aloe vera, used in Ayurveda for years, is known for its medicinal properties. Especially, the use of aloe vera to control the level of glucose in diabetes is very much on trend. In such a situation, in this article of Myhealthonly, we will tell whether aloe vera is beneficial for diabetes or not. If yes, how it can play a supporting role in controlling diabetes, and how it can be used? Apart from this, the article will also tell about the side effects of eating aloe vera on diabetes.
Let’s start article
Let us, first of all, know how sugar can be controlled by using aloe vera for diabetes.
Is Aloe Vera helpful for managing diabetes?
Table of Contents
According to studies conducted on aloe vera juice for diabetes, regular consumption of aloe vera juice can help in controlling the blood sugar of diabetic patients. Below we are explaining in detail how aloe vera juice can help control diabetes and reduce its symptoms.
- Researchers found in research done on aloe vera that it has a hypoglycemia (glucose-lowering) effect. This effect is found due to an element called Acemannan.
- Aloe vera also contains other compounds such as hydrophilic fiber, glucomannan, and phytosterols that may help lower blood sugar.
- Several studies prove that aloe vera can lower glucose levels. The website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) also has much research is done on aloe vera and diabetes-related rats. One of those research states that the glucose-lowering properties of aloe vera can be understood from its antioxidant process. In fact, oxidative stress also causes diabetes.
This section of the article let us know how aloe vera can be used for diabetes.
How To Use Aloe Vera To Control Diabetes?
Aloe vera can be used in the form of juice for diabetes. There are many types of aloe vera juice available in the market, but only organic aloe vera juice should be selected. By the way, if someone has aloe vera in his house, then he himself can make aloe vera juice for diabetes at home. Below we are telling how to make aloe vera juice at home:
- An aloe vera leaf
- Water as needed
- First, wash the aloe vera leaves.
- Then cut it from the middle with the help of a knife.
- Now take out the gel present inside it with a spoon.
- Make sure that the latex (a yellow coating) present in the leaves is not present in the aloe vera gel.
- Now to make juice, mix two to three spoons of aloe vera gel by adding water as needed and blend it for about two minutes.
- After blending well, take it out in a glass.
- Lemon or ginger can also be added to enhance the taste of this juice.
- It can also be consumed with other juices for taste.
Some people are not able to consume aloe vera juice directly. In such a situation, aloe vera for diabetes can also be used in the following ways.
- Aloe vera can also be used in powder form for diabetes.
- You can consume smoothies prepared with aloe vera, chia seeds, and turmeric. For this, by mixing these three ingredients together, you can take it for breakfast. It can provide relief from gas, hyperacidity, and digestive problems.
- Aloe Vera with Amla Powder: Take both in equal quantities and consume them on an empty stomach. It can help in increasing the metabolism along with controlling the blood sugar level.
- Consumption of aloe vera juice at bedtime can be helpful in controlling weight and controlling blood sugar along with a clear stomach. Keep in mind that do not mix any kind of sweetener in aloe vera juice.
- Diabetic patients can apply fresh aloe vera on the skin to prevent skin infections.
- You can consume smoothies prepared with aloe vera and cucumber.
Note – If someone has any other health-related problem, then before using aloe vera for diabetes, please consult a doctor once.
Do read the article till the end
After knowing the benefits of aloe vera for diabetes, it is also important to know the side effects associated with it.
Side Effects of Aloe Vera For Diabetes
The use of aloe vera can sometimes cause some side effects to the body. Below we are telling about the side effects of eating aloe vera on diabetes.
- Hypokalemia (lack of potassium)
- Pseudomelanosis Coli. In this, there is a change in the color of the lining of the large intestine.
- Kidney failure
- Phototoxicity and hypersensitive reactions, i.e. dermatological allergies, can cause skin irritation and other problems.
- Hives. A type of allergy, in which the skin becomes red and swollen due to itching.
You already know how aloe vera can be used for diabetes and sugar. Just now you can include it in your daily routine to control the level of diabetes. Keep in mind that aloe vera for diabetes can be used not only to cure it completely but to reduce the sugar level and its related symptoms. For the complete treatment of diabetes, it is necessary to consult a doctor. Hope you liked this article. For more such information stay connected with Myhealthonly.
Frequently Asked Questions –
Commercially prepared aloe vera juice may contain sugar or another sweetener. This is the reason why it is advisable to make homemade juices to use aloe vera for sugar.