Due to its special aroma and full of medicinal properties, ajwain is used as a spice in every Indian kitchen. At the same time, do you know that ajwain oil is preferred to get effective health benefits of ajwain. The reason is that its oil is prepared from ajwain seeds. In such a situation, most of the medicinal properties present in ajwain extract are also present in ajwain oil. This is the reason that through this article of Myhealthonly, we are going to tell you the benefits, uses and side effects of ajwain oil. Not only this, here we will also give information related to the side effects of ajwain oil along with the benefits of ajwain oil.
Keep reading article
So come, now without delay, let us know in detail the benefits of ajwain oil.
7 Marvelous Health Benefits Of Ajwain Oil
Table of ContentsToggle Table of Content
Here we are going to explain in detail the benefits of ajwain oil step by step. Nevertheless, you have to keep in mind that ajwain oil can provide relief in the following problems, but it cannot be called their treatment. Medical consultation is essential for complete treatment.
- Promotes Heart Health
Consuming ajwain oil can work to promote heart health. This is confirmed by a research by NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) based on rats. Research mentions that ajwain extract has anti-hyperlipidemic (lipid profile lowering) effect. This effect may be due to the presence of polyunsaturated fatty acids and fiber present in it. Due to this effect, ajwain oil can work to reduce the overall lipid profile such as: – cholesterol and triglyceride. Since increased lipid levels increase the risk of blockage in the heart arteries, arterial problems and heart attacks. On this basis, the benefits of ajwain oil can be considered beneficial for heart health.
- Control blood pressure
The benefits of ajwain oil can also be achieved in the problem of increased blood pressure. This is clear from a research done by Pharmacognosy Research. Research has suggested that ajwain oil has anti-hypertensive (blood pressure lowering) effects. Due to this effect, the benefits of ajwain oil can also prove to be effective in the problem of blood pressure.
- Beneficial in ulcers
Benefits of ajwain oil can also be helpful in the problem of stomach ulcers. According to experts, a special element named thymol is found in it. Due to this element, anti-gastric anti-ulcer (healing stomach ulcers) properties are found in ajwain oil. In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that ajwain oil can show a positive effect in the problem of stomach ulcers.
- Helpful in fungal infection
Along with other problems, ajwain oil can also be used to remove fungal infections. A research related to ajwain oil mentions that it has antibacterial (bacteria-destroying) properties as well as antifungal (fungus-destroying) effect. On this basis, it can be assumed that the benefits of ajwain oil include protection against bacterial infections as well as fungal infections.
- Useful for digestion
By promoting digestive health, ajwain oil can help cure indigestion. This thing has also been considered in a research by NCBI. Research mentions that ajwain oil has a gastroprotective (alleviating digestive problems) effect. Apart from this, it also has a digestive stimulant (digestion enhancing) property. On this basis, it can be assumed that the benefits of ajwain oil include maintaining the health of the stomach as well as strengthening the digestive system.
- Maintain Skin Health
As you have already been told in the article that ajwain oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Due to both these properties, ajwain oil can work to provide relief from bacterial and fungal infections related to the skin. On this basis, it would not be wrong to say that ajwain oil can also be considered helpful in maintaining skin health.
- Ajwain oil for hair
You have already been told in the article that anti-fungal (fungus-destroying) properties are found in ajwain oil. This property can help in providing relief from fungal infections related to hair and scalp, which can lead to hair fall. On this basis, benefits of ajwain oil can also be considered useful for hair. For now, more research is needed on this topic.
Read more article
After the benefits of ajwain oil, now we will know about the nutritional elements of ajwain oil.
Ajwain Oil Nutritional Value –
It is due to the chemicals present in ajwain oil that medicinal effects are found in it. Therefore, only the chemicals present in ajwain oil can be considered as its nutrients, which are as follows:
- Trans-2 Caren 4-Ol
- Oxygenated compound
- Non oxygenated compound
In the next part of the article, we will now tell you how to use ajwain oil.
How to Use Ajwain Oil –
Through the following points we can know about how to use ajwain oil.
- About one teaspoon of home-made ajwain oil can be used for consumption. On the other hand, if essential oil is being used, then it can be used in limited quantity for consumption by mixing three to four drops in two spoons of mustard oil.
- To include in the diet, ajwain oil can be used by pouring it on salads.
- At the same time, if desired, it can also be used as a substitute of ajwain for flavor in prepared food.
- You can also drink two to three drops of ajwain essential oil in a cup of water.
When it comes to applying it on the skin or hair, it can be used by mixing two to three drops in one teaspoon of carrier oil like mustard, coconut or olive oil.
Keep reading article
After knowing the use of ajwain oil, now we will tell you the method of making ajwain oil.
How to Make Ajwain Oil
The method of making ajwain oil at home is as follows:
- 100 Grams mustard oil
- ½ Cup ajwain
Method of making :
- First of all, take mustard oil in a pan and put it on the gas to get hot.
- After the oil becomes slightly hot, add ajwain seeds to the pan and cook on low flame.
- Cook the oil till the ajwain turns black.
- When the ajwain starts to look completely black, filter this oil and keep it in a separate vessel.
- Once it cools down, you can store it in any bottle.
Read more article
In the next part of the article, we will now get information related to keeping ajwain oil safe.
How to Store Ajwain Oil
Put ajwain oil in an air tight bottle and keep it in the fridge. In this way ajwain oil can be preserved for a long time.
In the next part of the article, we will now tell you from where the prepared Ajwain oil can be bought.
Where To Buy Ajwain Oil?
Prepared ajwain oil can be bought from any Ayurvedic medical store. At the same time, if you want, you can also get it by ordering online sitting at home.
keep reading article
In the next part of the article, we will now talk about the side effects of ajwain oil.
Side Effects Of Ajwain Oil –
Through the following points, we can understand the side effects of ajwain oil, some of which are as follows:
- It has the property of lowering blood pressure, so those complaining of low blood pressure should not consume it. At the same time, people taking medicines to reduce blood pressure should also not use it without medical advice.
- Abortive effect is found in ajwain extract. For this reason, pregnant women should not consume it.
- At the same time, excessive consumption of ajwain extract can cause skin allergies. Therefore, excessive consumption of ajwain oil should be avoided.
- Excessive consumption of ajwain seed extract oil can lead to complaints of shortness of breath.
- Due to excessive intake, symptoms of unconsciousness with cramps in hands and feet can be seen as side effects of ajwain oil.
- If someone is consuming any medicine regularly, then before consuming it must consult a doctor.
After reading this article, there is no doubt that ajwain oil can prove to be a great option in maintaining health and wellness. Provided it is used in proper and balanced quantity. Then whether it is to be used for skin or for consumption. At the same time, along with the method of using ajwain oil in the article, the side effects of ajwain oil are also mentioned, which also need to be taken care of, so that the benefits of ajwain oil can be obtained without any side effects. Hope this article will be of great use to you in terms of maintaining better health.